By Anonymous - 23/07/2016 23:04 - United States - Atlanta

Today, during a heated argument with my son, I lost my temper and called him a son of a bitch. He enthusiastically agreed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 866
You deserved it 19 232

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Manna182 10

You walked right into that one, didn't you?

He could'nt miss an opportunity like that .... YDI.

Comments

I did that once to my mom and she beat my ass.

You really had that coming to you. But I can't say much as my own mother tends to be a big cusser and loves calling me nasty names. Long story short, don't become my mother.

No. It is her way of parenting. It's not your job to criticize her. She is teaching him discipline. Some parents swear some parents don't, and it's up to them to decide if it's ok or not, not you.

Bitches are female dogs, and dogs are loyal. And if your wife is loyal then that could be a compliment, so everybody wins.

saddadnmke 10

this made me laugh, when I was 17 my mom did the same thing. she was not happy when I told her she was right.

There's a big difference between swearing and calling your child a swear word out of temper. One of those is a matter of preference. The other is hurtful, damaging to the self esteem, and is a bad example to set for your child about how to constructively deal with anger.

olpally 32

I'd do the same if I was him honestly. Lol. Jokessss on youuuuuuu

So you're saying it's ok to use profanity towards children when they misbehave? Since the context of this FML shows that her son knows about the word bitch and what it means, what if this were to be the case where this was the first time he had heard that word, his mother never told him not to use it at anyone, and he used it at, let's say, a classmate he had a disagreement with or a teacher who's yelling at him for misbehaving and he doesn't take it well, would you still think it's right to swear at children as a means of discipline? Even if they already know what the word(s) mean, that still doesn't make it right.

41, your name is apt. These people DO have a reason to question the parenting of this woman. note I didn't say skills. name calling stays with you for a long time. if your parents, who are supposed to give you a good foundation of self esteem and unconditional love, call you names, how is a teenager going to tell the difference between a frustrated mother and her opinions. they don't have a frame of reference for that. it is wrong.