By r1has - 29/06/2016 20:01 - Pakistan - Rawalpindi

Today, due to summer Ramadan, we have 16 hour long fasts. Normally this is okay, except today I managed to sleep through both suhoor and iftaar. I haven't eaten for 36 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 454
You deserved it 3 788

r1has tells us more.

For everyone telling me to break my fast, had it actually been a problem and had I actually been sick, I would have broken it. But since I'm on summer vacation, I fell asleep, making it a lot easier to deal with. So while I was really hungry, it wasn't a health risk. I checked. God doesn't want you to kill yourself, just feel the pain of the poor and needy. And #3 pregnant women, menstruating women, nursing mothers, old people, sick people, kids e.t.c aren't supposed to fast. They can either make them up later or give in charity, if they are able to. If they aren't then no big deal. Plus puking, bleeding or fainting automatically breaks your fast, so even if I had gotten dizzy, I would have broken it. It was just kind of a miserable day because I get kinda pissy when I'm hungry, and I was snapping right and left. Thankfully my family understood, and made sure I woke up and had food the next day

Top comments

Wow that is some bad luck OP! If you are really struggling you can just eat something and im sure God would forgive you.

That was interesting to read, thanks for sharing. I think it's pretty admirable to see people fasting. I do have to wonder why your family didn't wake you up in time.

Comments

Why are you complaining about something that is absolutely your choice? It doesn't look like anyone is making you fast. You basically said "fml cause I decided not to eat and now I'm hungry". I actually well understand the frustration of a situation like this, but you really shouldn't let the world know about it.

Qabhadmus 13

I commend your dedication

Her dedication to a war mongerer who enslaved thousands of women and children, beheaded thousands of innocent people, and had sex with a 9 year old girl?

Why do u fast? It's retarded and does nothing

I'm not religious so I don't fast for anything but after having some stomach problems that left me unable to eat for a few days I can completely relate to how you feel. I hope you were at least able to get some water in at some point so you weren't dehydrated and finish your Ramadan without any other misfortunes.

I'm Catholic and we have a similar thing called Ash Wednesday. You can either fast all day or have a few small snacks or even just have one meal and no other. It's pretty lenient but it's all about how much you want to give up for God. If he didn't think he was hurting himself and wanted to go as far as he did for his religion I don't see the problem lol (ps I always get wicked grumpy when I fast too)

Sorry you missed out on eating, that must have been difficult to distract yourself for another day. I've heard dribs and drabs of this before, the country I live in isn't really diverse in religions or races, I will elaborate, not the country itself but the part of the country I live in. Reading this post and the replies was fascinating as although I'm not in any religion I love hearing about others. Good luck for the future and I'm glad your family made sure you didn't miss the next one.

Stop worshiping a war mongerer who enslaved women and children, beheaded thousands of people, etcetera, join common sense; and you should be fine.