By "Beackers675" - 18/07/2017 09:00 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, due to religious restrictions, I'm not allowed to have medicine for my cold. The only thing my family will let me have is milk tea. I'm lactose intolerant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 837
You deserved it 1 222

Beackers675 tells us more.

Hey everyone, OP here! So uhm..just for the record I'm not a minor, no CPS needed. As for their religion, I personally do not follow it, but out of love and respect for my parents I let them take care of me, (I'd been away from home for a long time and got sick upon my return) it was a nasty cold, and I was miserable, but I'm fine now. My family doesn't believe in unnecessary medications if the body can fight it off, however in extreme cases they will accept modern medicine. And yes, we're all vascinated so calm your butt cheeks. As for their religious beliefs, that is who they are. Thanks for the support, but no need to worry.

Top comments

Comments

middlenamefrank 8

Much sympathy, OP. I'm all for religious freedom, but not when it impinges on the rights of others, and especially when it makes others pay for someone's choices. I hope you're almost 18 and ready to move out, because I think that's the only relief you're going to find. I really doubt your parents are going to listen to common sense anytime soon.

HayShay15 3

That's a crap excuse. Sounds like JW garbage. No god would want bad for you so I suggest dropping that outdated religious crap and get yourself healthy.

gamer_girl_0 8

If you aren't as religious as your family then screw them, try sneaking medicine if you can from a friend or school nurse assuming you aren't old enough to go buy it yourself.

You are lucky to have parents who are immune to the enticements of Big Pharma. Take good care of them.

Death by religion should be prosecuted

Okay, guys. OP here, AGAIN. I just want to clarify one last time, I am an adult, over 18, I just let my family take care of me this time because they hadn't seen me I'm almost a year and I got sick when I came home. I don't usually let them do that, this was to make them happy. I am lactose intolerant, and they kept giving me milk tea, but other than that everything is fine. Oh, and I have no siblings, and we're all vaccinated. So cut it out with CPS and child abuse. Calm down.

Lucky O'Guin 18

You complain that they won't give you medicines, then defend them for it. WTF, OP?

I wasn't complaining that they wouldn't give me medicine, I was complaining that I'm lactose intolerant and they gave me milk tea.

Are your parents muslim? I thought so because they might be concerned about the medication containing gelatin?

I read through EVERY ONE of your comments, and I think you ALL missed the point. It isn't about the cough syrup or the lack thereof, nor is it about religion. The whole thing that makes this an FML is that OP's parents fed milk tea to someone who is lactose intolerant..... excessive flatulence and DIAAARRHEEEEAAAAAAAA!!!