By Anonymous - 01/06/2012 07:02 - United States

Today, Child Protective Services came to my house, because my 7-year-old son told people at school that he was uncomfortable sleeping in his uncle's bed. I had to explain to them that the uncle in question died 2 years ago, and that's why it felt weird. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 417
You deserved it 2 793

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

I'm sure it was weird for the first few months as the corpse was rotting, but your kid shoud be OK now that he's just down to a skeleton. Skeletons are cooler than teddy bears.

At least you know he has caring teachers

Comments

I had to set up an account just to reply to this. At first I thought you, Guilia(sp?), were being sarcastic and it just wasn't reading clearly, but now I can see you are just ignorant and assumptive. Anyone can call CPS for anything they feel may be interpreted as a danger to a child. This does not make OP a bad parent incapable of knowing what is best for their child, it means CPS will come investigate if the situation could potentially be abuse/neglect,etc. OPs situation was a miscommunication from a 7 year old. A teacher, rather than asking further questions, jumped to conclusions. Granted, assuming the child clammed up (as they sometimes tend to do) s/he was acting on the best interest of the child by having the situation investigated. A CPS investigation is just that, an investigation to find out if there is validity to the claim. In this situation there was no validity. Let's take something out of context your child says (if you even have any), and call CPS on you because of it, so you can be the "inept parent" that you claim all others who have been investigated to be, then we'll see if you change your tune.

xPlayerofDeathx 0

Oh gosh.. OP, you need a new bed ASAP. If not, let the kid sleep elsewhere. If he's that scared, you may want to be concerned.

Perfect example of the government sticking its damn nose where it's not wanted.

courtneyann211 10

It's not just government, but teachers, nurses and the schools in general. They take the smallest things, make it bigger than they should and make the call without contacting the parents first.

courtneyann211 10

Did you have unfit parents growing up? That's the only reason I can think of as to why you are saying they cannot take care of a child

Mommyof2_91 10

Wow, you are ignorant. CPS got called because of a misunderstanding. The kid worded what he said as if he was sharing a bed with his uncle and was not comfortable with it, when really it was a hand me down bed. The teacher took it the wrong way and called CPS, I HIGHLY doubt the teacher warned the mom they were coming or even spoke to the mom about it since in real abuse cases that would be a heads up for the parent to hide any evidence. So... The mom would have had no way to explain before CPS was involved. I don't see how any educated person could view her as an unfit mother because of that.

Oh for the love of... I can't believe there are actually people as stupid as you in this planet. CPS is sprinkled with flaws and constantly take children out of perfectly safe homes with capable parents. Note: parents, not "female parent". In fact, CPS is more likely to seize a child from a father rather than a mother due to the stereotype that males are more likely to rape/molest/sexually abuse a child. Clearly you didn't have much of a female role model in your life if you have such a skewed perspective on female parents.

i hate to say this, but when i got to the end of this post, it totally made me pmpl