By Anonymous - 26/09/2010 04:59 - United States

Today, at work, an old lady came through my line to buy some groceries. She told me she lost her purse and was a little short. It was busy, so I pulled out my little purse and gave her the money she needed. A few minutes later she returned with my boss, insisting that my purse was hers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 777
You deserved it 3 267

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sexywifey91 0

wow I would have been really upset.. see what happens when you do nice things for people you don't know..

perdix 29

That's how old people survive! What they have lost in physical prowess (with men, it's strength; with women, beauty), they have to make up for in craftiness and cunning. The elderly who don't have these skills die off, but the ones that can con young people out of their money are indeed the fittest. Look at Social Security: We can only hope to live long enough to shake down the younger generation as much as we're being shaken now!

Comments

Considering you got money out, I would think it would have a driver's license or debit card or a school ID, or hell, a cellphone.

Slim_Shadyy_fml 0
TheSofaKing 7

You have to watch some of those sweet old ladies, they can turn into some nasty old bags.

perdix 29

That's how old people survive! What they have lost in physical prowess (with men, it's strength; with women, beauty), they have to make up for in craftiness and cunning. The elderly who don't have these skills die off, but the ones that can con young people out of their money are indeed the fittest. Look at Social Security: We can only hope to live long enough to shake down the younger generation as much as we're being shaken now!

OP don't worry you did something good that's what counts but sucks for you..

that_guy_ollie 0

maybe the old woman has alzhimers or summit nd got confused but if not then shes a bitch whi should be culled out of scociety why does helping and respecting the elderly allways seem to land people in shit?

WannabeJew 0

Do you not have some form of ID in that purse to prove it's yours? I understand it's a small purse and you may not have a billfold in it, but what about a "If Lost, Please Return To--" kind of thing?