By retainer - 22/07/2009 22:36 - United States

Today, at the dentist, the new, rather airy assistant went to prep me for an extraction. She began pulling on something in my mouth, and a moment later, I felt intense pain and then the wetness of blood. She was trying to pull out "that weird wire thing". In other words, my permanent retainer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 317
You deserved it 2 818

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Omg, ouch. Seriously though, you'd think a dentist would know about that.

Comments

briesparksthesun 0

The reason so many dipshits in the usa have jobs is because they are the only ones willing to work a lot of hours for shit pay.

musicfairy15 0

that doesn't even make sense. what does living in Texas have to do with it?

cherry_blossom 0

Wow. What an idiot. Although it's not nearly as bad as your story, a couple months ago one of the ladies who works at my orthodontist's office was changing my rubber band on the bracket. [that's what it is, right?] Anyway, she kept slipping on one tooth and it cut up my gum. So now that my braces are off [yaaaay!] the gum around that tooth is still swollen. It's disgusting and a little painful when brushing. Obviously I wasn't in nearly as much pain as you were, OP, but it just goes to show you that there are always stupid people at dental practices that the doctor could definitely get rid of.

If this is true, I'm realllllly sorry to hear about it. :( Jeez. She needs the **** sued out of her. She sounds incredibly stupid (and that's under-stating it). How do people like her even pass university classes to get their certification?!

You should have spit your blood in her mouth and told her you had AIDS. What a ******* idiot.

I'm not scared of going to the dentist or anything. I can usually endure the pain but this STUPID assistant just makes me angry. AAH. Even though I'm not in your position, I feel the need to just smack her a little bit... or A LOT.

ziqi92 0

...and this is why the US health care is about to go down in shambles...

how the HELL did that airhead assistant get hired in the first place? if you work in a dentist office, you should know about permanent retainers. they put that on everyone after they take off braces. its not like hes the only one in the world with a permanent retainer