By retainer - 22/07/2009 22:36 - United States

Today, at the dentist, the new, rather airy assistant went to prep me for an extraction. She began pulling on something in my mouth, and a moment later, I felt intense pain and then the wetness of blood. She was trying to pull out "that weird wire thing". In other words, my permanent retainer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 317
You deserved it 2 818

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Omg, ouch. Seriously though, you'd think a dentist would know about that.

Comments

NamiSuiteheart 0

My god, someone needs to throw her in a cage.

Look at the bright side, you now have a medical malpractice suit on your hand. Enjoy being rich!

killinmesmalls 0

....And this is why I am terrified of the dentist....

WHAT A ******* DUMBASS. poor baby i would ******* SUE

Great. I'm supposed to go to the dentist in about two hours. This was just what I needed to read. Though I don't have a permanent retainer so I guess I'm safe. Anyway, FYL. I cringed when I read this... you should definitely sue.

To all the people saying sue...she shouldn't sue. The dentist should either put the retainer back in for free or pay the bill to have it replaced. That ditz should probably also get fired...But if it turns out that you NEED to sue in order to have that happen, then so be it. But lawsuits are supposed to return things back to the way they were, not to be someone's ticket to easy street. My father is a surgeon, and I can't count how many times a patient has declined surgery that would fix them COMPLETELY just so that they could get more money out of their case. ******* ridiculous.

At the point when a medical professional or their assistant, who the medical professional is responsible for, made a big enough mistake that they're now responsible for fixing it for free, why the heck would you want to go back to the person or practice who screwed up like that?

TELL your dentist and get that dumbass out of there.

I seriously hope that you asked for a different assistant to help with the extraction. If she didn't get fired, I would say sue her. FYL.

nicolexsmile 0

for future references, don't let any dentist/dental assistant who uses the word "thing" anywhere near your mouth. D:

Who are the ******* mentally retarded people clicking the button that this person deserved it? It's not funny, and it will never be funny. I don't know what goes on through these people's heads when they do it, but I don't think anything does. Anyway, I got that out, but as for this person: That is just terrible. I hope somehow you could sue her or that she at least got fired. I'm not a dental assistant and I wouldn't even start pulling at something without knowing what it is.