By Anonymous - 07/04/2014 00:20 - Australia - Spearwood

Today, at the café I work at, I was yelled at by a woman because the drinks and food she ordered were "taking too long". Before I had the chance to get a word in, she stormed out and said she would never come back. I didn't get the chance to inform her that she hadn't ordered yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 964
You deserved it 3 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

This is why I avoid working in the service industry. I couldn't deal with that much stupidity on a daily basis.

Comments

KiaKarma 11

People can be so rude. It's like they don't carrot all!

I... actually kind of liked this pun...

My qualified guess is that she tried to scam you into believing that she already had ordered and paid, but left in a hurry when she realised that your superior wasn't there to say "Give her what she wants, quickly!"

So many sleazy people who go to coffee shops..

cosmicriver 17

What has happened to respect, common courtesy, and good communication? I am in no way condoning her behavior. There is no excuse to be rude to somebody like that. Although, she may have had a bad day/night. Perhaps a family emergency, life stresses, ironically...work issues or home issues. Whether it's right or wrong, people may sometimes lash out at others when they are stressed, scared, or overwhelmed. Of course, she could just be your average bitch, too. Have a better day at work!

Having a crappy day is no excuse to treat service workers like shit. Maybe it's because I've been doing it my whole working life, but I cannot be rude to someone behind the counter. I've had days where I've been angry to the point of wanting to kill someone, but still try to smile at the store/restaurant/etc. Hell, it kind of helps my anger to be friendly and courteous and have it returned to me. I feel better, the clerk/cashier/server has one less asshole to deal with, and I feel it makes the world just a little bit nicer.

Oh wow, she was crazy for sure!!!

b00kn3rd 14

Once she realizes later how dumb she was she probably really won't ever go back. Most people like that wouldn't have the decency to laugh at themselves and go back to apologize.

Seeing things like this just make me glad I don't work in the service area for a job. I can't stand people like this.