By Anonymous - 01/11/2012 23:11 - United States - Danby

Today, at my school they were having a carnival to raise money. One of the patrons suggested that if they wanted to make money, they should have people pledge money to make me cover my ugly face with a bag. The school got over $500, and I had to wear a bag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 591
You deserved it 2 716

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iChel413 6

Sue for emotional damages (: that is not right. It could even get to the local news.

Next carnival, you should suggest that the ringleader of the paper bag incident must wear a plastic bag over their head for pledges.

Comments

You know what, I was so shocked by the situation that I actually didn't think about it, but you're kind of right. I wouldn't blame OP for not doing so - peer pressure and money are involved and as a 'child' OP is still a vulnerable person - however, I'm pretty sure I would've just walked out. That said, in a school as ****** as this I suppose it's possible he was being violently threatened?

I put ydi because you should not have let them put a bag over your head. That is an awful thing of them to do! You don't deserve the comment at all - but you didn't have to go along with it - though I know pressure can be hard.

At least you get to sue them now.... Take it to the papers, the school will never live it down.

perdix 29

The good news is that you won't get sexually harassed in the future. That's a blessing.

Though that was quite insensitive, I'm sure people just found it humorous and that's why they raised so much from it. Don't take it personally.

Argh, there were no other replies when I hit reply but it seems like I've jumped into the middle of an argument now...that said, giving your comments a quick skim, why can't you both be right? As I said in my previous post OP is not yet fully an adult and they're dealing with bullying which is hard. I wouldn't have stood for this but not everyone is that strong and we don't really know the full story (both about this event and previous bullying). Also, I've come to realise over the years that blaming people for being stupid or lacking enough confidence or whatever doesn't solve much - you can be pissed off that some kid did something stupid and say they deserved the consequences that followed but at the end of the day, that doesn't help that kid or others like them. Sometimes you just have to accept that not everyone can be as amazingly awesome as you and you have to be humble and helpful. Honestly, I didn't think I'd be saying this a couple of years ago (I was very much 'you do dumb shit then don't come crying to me when you get ****** on, learn from your own damn mistakes already) but at some point I think you just grow up and make these realisations. Long story short - both standing up for yourself and being bullied are important and valid issues here but it's not that simple and you can't fully blame one or the other.

To 97- I agree with you fully. You make a lot of sense and I hope crewboy agrees with you too and doesn't proceed to call you a pansy and what not because you didn't fully agree with him either lol. :)

cupcakestar 5

How hard is it to say no to a stupid ass idea like that? Sounds like you're easy, and the school gained 500 more dollars because you can't stand up for yourself. The real world is gonna mess you up good.