By Anonymous - 03/12/2011 02:02 - United Kingdom

Today, at a nightclub, a cute girl started hitting on me. I got into it and we danced. Just as she started getting frisky with me, a guy shoved me off, smacked me to the floor with a right-hook, and shouted, "That's what you get for touching my woman." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 835
You deserved it 4 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stand up for yourself. She was coming on to you.

ibeinpain 5

Say, "That was a woman?!" I bet that would piss him off.

Comments

perdix 29

"You may be able to beat me up, but she's not your woman in any real way."

YummiGummi 0

To everyone commenting on this FML: seriously? Does no one empathize with her boyfriend/husband/the guy who punched OP? Violence was not warranted, at least not until he had better assessed the situation. But, just as OP had no way of knowing that she was in a relationship, he had no way of knowing that you were ignorant of that fact. Even if someone is not at all clingy or prone to anger, if he sees his girlfriend acting suggestively with a man he does not know, he will immediately become angry at both of them. And since his girlfriend can't be punched and is more likely to be given the benefit of the doubt, the blame will fall on the unknown man. I'm not excusing his actions. OP, I'm sorry you got hurt for perfectly innocuous actions, but people commenting on this should realize that the man must have been very hurt seeing his girlfriend with someone else.

Everyone gets angry; we're not blaming him for that. It's how you deal with your anger for which you'll be judged. That guy had no idea if OP knew the girl was with someone, but that's why you don't act rashly and punch someone just because you're upset. When grown men do this kind of thing, we call them douchebags. When you see the person you're with with someone else, you feel betrayed. They're the one who hurt you, and they're the one to be angry at. And if you feel like you just gotta hit someone, you have anger issues and should look into that for your own benefit and the benefit of everyone around you. I realize you're not trying to excuse his actions, but all empathy was lost when he resorted to violence without knowing what was going on.

FYLDeep 25

The punch probably shouldn't have been thrown. At least not until the boyfriend/husband was certain that the way it looked was the way it was. Then go ahead. I don't care if a guy intentionally hitting on a taken girl gets his ass kicked. Anyway, it was the girl's actions that were completely out of line. She's the one both of them should be directing their anger towards now that they're both enlightened.

45 The short answer to that nonsense is no. Who empathises with assholes? I wouldn't want to know such a person.

NullPointer 20

I don't know why people think assaulting innocent people is okay. I hope you pressed charges OP. And I hope you don't date that girl - once a cheater always a cheater. And yes, I consider this to be a form of cheating. The dancing might be just fun, depending on what kind of dancing it was, but the when you add on that she was flirting, it's cheating.

why didn't you do anything back ? STAND UP FOR YOURSELF MAN!

Probably because he was still recovering from the right hook

FYLDeep 25

Come on McFly. If you let them walk all over you now, they'll walk all over you for the rest of your life.