By ironfey - 21/03/2015 03:38 - United States - Glen Allen

Today, as I was closing up at my sandwich-making job when a huge bus full of basic, snobby, preppy cheerleaders came in. They literally "can't even" decide what they want. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 591
You deserved it 3 113

ironfey tells us more.

ironfey 22

Oh geez. Umm hi. OP here c: so I should probably mention that it was about 10-15 minutes until closing time, and that we aren't allowed to close the gates until 5 til. First only like 5 came in, and we're like okay let's do this. We got this. And then another one came in. And another. And another. Not only that, but some of our bosses family came in, so we had to serve them FOR FREE. I didn't get to clock out until 30 minutes after, and I would've had to stay even later if it wasn't for the fact that I'm 16 and that child labor laws exist. And I should also mention that I have nothing against cheerleaders, I've known cheerleaders and dancers that are the most down to earth people in the entire world, but these girls were the type that ask for the meat to be heated separate, for us to pack the vegetables separately, ask for sauce on the side, etc. It was ridiculous. But thank you all for your comments, and anyone else out there working retail: You're a damn trooper, kudos to you c;

Top comments

Did they have any *odd* orders? Get it? Because they "can't even? "

Tell them they can't even get a sandwich then

Comments

I say either get used to having to deal with annoying customers or get out of customer service. Simple as that.

#64 that's like saying get used to being yelled at everyday. You can kinda tune it out but there will always be that time where the customer just pushes you past the pissing point. I love my job as a customer service representative, but after a while, I feel frustrated. I am not there being paid to be bitched at, I am there to help them as quickly and efficiently as possible in a polite manner.

AngryHobo1 1

I know your pain OP. At my deli, I've actually been asked "can you show and explain the difference between a half sub and a whole sub"...........

lizgb80 19

For me, if I see a bus full of kids coming in I see dollar signs because that is a crap load of extra money walking through that door. But maybe that's because I'm in management. So you have to do some extra work, it's what having a job is all about.

ironfey 22

Well we didn't exactly see them coming in, we though it was only a few people. My location is inside of a Walmart. But soon enough, more of their teammates started coming in, and due to small talk, we knew they were on a bus on their way to some kind of dance/cheer competition.

The difference between management and the people who actually have to deal with the inconsiderate customers who come in just before closing time...

lizgb80 19

@#74, I actually work the store, so I do deal with the customers and more importantly the ones that just pop in at the last minute. It may seem inconvenient and annoying until you sit back and think, hey, these customers are what's keeping my store open and me with a job. Sure I have dealt with my share of shitty ass customers but a group of cheerleaders coming in and PAYING for what I'm selling sure isn't one of them.

ironfey 22

As I mentioned in another comment, we also had to serve some of my bosses family, so that Included making about 5 sandwiches completely free of charge :)

Also I imagine management jobs are more rewarding and let you be grateful to customers than minimum wage for a 16 year old :P

Bigfabthetruth52 22

I mean I'd happily sit there and let them debate on what they wanted as long as it resulted in me making money at the end of the day.

ohhhthathurts 5

I really hope that wasn't my girlfriend. she's coming back from a competition in flordia. my bad.

Not all cheerleaders are like that, but we do have to eat, unlike the strereotype of us all being extremely thin and stick-like. My squad is very courteous and if we had arrived that close to closing time we would all apologize and make our orders quickly. I'm sorry that you had to deal with the ones that all the stereotypes are based off of.

YDI for using the term 'basic' and making me cringe. That makes you one of them in my book.

MzZombicidal 36

That sucks, OP, the fact that it was near closing. But just because they talk and certain way and they're cheerleaders doesn't necessarily mean they're "snobby". I feel like I lot of people see cheerleaders and make a lot of assumptions. If they were all together, they had probably just came back from a competition or a game.

Lol not all of us cheerleaders are the same