By Anonymous - 08/03/2011 18:25 - United States

Today, as I couldn't get the airplane seat buckle to buckle, I faced the fact that I've been in denial about how fat I have become. The people in my row faced it too as I began to sob uncontrollably. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 194
You deserved it 36 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Dust yourself off, and create a gameplan to shed some lbs.

dude that's your own damn fault. if you're unhappy with your body, go on a diet.

Comments

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Dust yourself off, and create a gameplan to shed some lbs.

very well put sir. my thoughts exactly.

finally. something that isn't soft or rude. props to you.

slushpup9696 12

It's okay fatty, maybe a donut will make you feel better?

uffiewuffie 0

Wtf, really? Did saying that make you feel any better?

I am a terrible person for laughing at this, almost hate myself. You're a jackass.

jordanprodigy023 0

Dude you need to man up stop denying your fatness and take control of the situation. I can't stand people who always deny there fatty self until something drastic happens. YDI fatty

Aww... Well maybe you will start to make some changes now. Both FYL and YDI.

Dude, man. You're fat, bro. D: that sucks homie, man I'd hate to be that fat, dude. Totally, bruh! Good luck wit that, man!

atomicbaboon 0

I agree bro, even though your grammar sux. lol.

Um why do they even bother with seatbelts on planes? If you smash into the ground at 800 kph (500 mph for my non metric system hethan friends) a little piece of fabric across your waist isn't going to help out much!

23 it's more for turbulence and hitting air pockets (where the plane drops fast) so everyone doesn't smack their heads on the roof etc

Yes, we are heathens, aren't we? More like stupid heathens. Americans are just too set in their ways to "handle" such a change, even if it's easier! :-)

LolFYLS 0

I just threw up a little in my mouth from looking at 69's picture

They're used for accident investigations. It's easier to figure out who's who if the bodies are still strapped into their assigned seats. Seriously though, turbulence and the vast majority of accidents happening at slower speeds is the reason. Nothing is going to save you if your plane spears into the ground like a ******* dart, but in most accidents it makes a massive difference. You could add another huge survivability factor by mandating shoulder harnesses, but airline passengers are such whiners about stuff like that, plus they're expensive to fit.

The brace position is designed to reduce the injury from headstrike. It's the reason you grab your knees if you're in a row without a seat in front of you - your head is going there anyway in an accident, and if you put it there first, it reduces the inertia, decreasing the injury. Injury from flying debris isn't taken into account when certifying passenger seat restraints (although it is with stowage of heavy objects in the cabin). The main reason for not putting inertia reel shoulder harnesses in heavy jets is that there's nowhere to attach them. In light aircraft it's been mandatory since 1986 (from memory) to have shoulder harnesses fitted to all the seats in light aircraft, but it's impractical for airliners. The current standard high-g seats shouldn't break free in an accident, but there comes a point at which the aircraft sustains so much damage, that's irrelevant. There are some seats in light planes or corporate jets where the inertia reel is integrated into the seat itself, but that's not a great design and adds dramatically to seat weight and bulk. The most recent advance in passenger restraints is the introduction of lap-belts with an inbuilt airbag. They're a pain in the ass to maintain, but they do reduce injuries in an accident.

atomicbaboon 0

I respected #53's comment until he called OP a lard-arse. WTF dude.

2010smhill2010 0

its ok Op...just think about how you will never have to sit next to anybody on long flights

tahvoh 3

that sucks:/ Cheer Up and get your ass on a Diet:P

ImmortalKratos 0

don't stop at the ass. he should put his whole body on a diet

2010smhill2010 0

at least you wont have to sit next to anybody on long flights