By backtosquareone - 04/10/2009 09:42 - Canada

Today, after weeks of therapy for severe depression, my therapist thought it would be helpful to confess my deepest problems to my friends, to prove that it was alright to trust people. I did. They laughed. Hard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 518
You deserved it 4 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that sucks **** your friends, find some new ones

Glam_fml 0

I think you need some new friends. Depression is a very serious thing.

Comments

Same things happen to me. I open up to the people closest to me; ie, my friends, and all they do is insult me and laugh at me.

It's OK. It happened to me too, twice. My parents didn't believe me when I told them I had depression and told me I had to 'take some vitamins'...

dude, I know where you are. I suffer from severe depression also. u'll make it through and u'll find people. Your friends might have just been shocked and didn't know how to react. Its alright. There are lots of people that suffer as you are now. You'll find them and you will help each other. just keep going

You need a new therapist. Never, ever, would I have someone confess deepest anything to friends because if you felt you could trust them with the information, you would have told the already - and I'm a layperson and not a therapist. I hope that you find the right combination of therapy and possibly medication to help you. Depression sucks, but as others have said, you can make it through. This comes from a bipolar person who had attempted suicide numerous times, and now, with medication and behavioral therapy, isn't suicidal anymore. Good luck.

FAKE! A therapist would never do that. And if he did, sue!!!

The guy told his friends, not the therapist. But yeah. Dang what's this therapist's name? S/he needs to be blacklisted.

Weeks of therapy and friends? I think you don't know what 'severe' depression is, yet.

Well, it probably was the therapist's idea to diagnose him with severe depression. Or he just got severe depression after being made fun by the few friends he still had. I wish I could help him, I passed through depression, and I know how he must feel.

At least you aren't getting sympathy. Too bad that sympathy was what you were looking for.

Galain_fml 0

Well, right now I am laughing. Hard

ur therapist is a dumbass, and so r u for following his advice

isnt your therapist forced to shut the **** up? im just saying if you gave him permission this is your own fault