By Mexican - 19/06/2016 03:06 - United States - Chicago

Today, after two weeks of trying to convince my parents to go to my high school graduation. They finally gave in. After they handed me my diploma, they decided to leave because it was "too boring." I'm currently sitting on the curb of the street waiting for my Uber, while people take pictures of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 467
You deserved it 1 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wowbuddy 19

Those are some shitty parents OP, FYL

Parents like them don't deserve a child like you. Sorry to hear that OP.

Comments

I congratulate your graduation and finishing your studies. Your parents may not see it but you should be proud of yourself. Keep on going.

heatherrr17 19

Wow what jerks! Congrats on graduating tho ?

If your parents don't celebrate your achievements don't feel bad because everything you do you do it for yourself not them.

BloodyGlass 10

My 'dad' kicked me out when I was 19, he wasn't invited to my high school graduation, still showed up anyway, and tried to play the 'proud parent'. Luckily for me, everyone that was there for me knew he was a piece of shit and pretty much ignored him. Sorry your parents are pieces of shit, OP. Trust me, it gets better. :)

As a parent of a recent high school and then college grad, and on behalf of many many parents, your parents act like real assholes.

So apparently, you've managed to find yourself living with the Dursleys. Well, when you strike out on your own, you know who not to call to celebrate your successes.

Don't let them ruin your day. Congratulations on your graduation.

I created an account just to comment on this. Man OP, that sucks. At least your parents actually got to see you receive your diploma - mine just dropped me off and left. I can't remember why they didn't come in with me, but I remember seeing everyone's parents running up to the stage to snap a photo of their kid when it was their turn to shake the principal's hand. So each kid had to wait for a sec and hold the handshake for the photo. When it was my turn, I shook her hand and walked straight off the stage because my parents weren't there. Even after overcoming the struggles of the year and celebrating the fact that I had finally graduated, it was still so hard to keep a smile on my face until I was back behind the curtain.