By Anonymous - 05/02/2013 06:40 - United States - Northbrook

Spicy
Today, after trying to convince my girlfriend to have sex for almost 16 months, she finally said yes. I couldn't get it up the second she said it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 137
You deserved it 39 666

Same thing different taste

Top comments

vadaaa 11

Why did you try to convince your girlfriend for sex for 16 months? Didn't it dawn on you after the first attempt that no means no and she will when she is ready to?

Comments

I think you just **** blocked yourself.

It happens to a lot of people. Just be patient with her

Well maybe you needed to wait another second then :)

They are probably young, and even if they aren't, the woman can wait however long she wants. No one is obligated to sex just because they've been dating for a long time.

of course she isnt obligated, but he also isnt obligated to stay with a girl who, after 16 months, obviously doesnt care about his needs any more than he cares about hers. and obviously his "trying to convince" was completely weak: its not like he forced himself on her, and he obviously never gave her some great ultimatum of "sleep with me or Ill break up with you!"

WhisperSoflty 20

94 - you sound like an asshole. Please, for the sake of humanity, always use two forms of birth control.

Holy fudge 94, sex isn't a NEED it's a want. A relationship works TWO ways! Her needs are just as important as his. He doesn't need sex, if he's had it before he might miss it but if he feels that strongly about sex he can go find someone else. You respect both each others decisions.

Really, 94??? I can't believe someone would actually think that. Relationships aren't just based on sex. You should never feel obligated to have sex just to please someone's "needs" in a meaningful relationship.

There are very few urges stronger than procreation/sex; namely your own survival, and survival of your offspring. To bundle the urge to have sex with the want to go bowling, skiing etc. is just preposterous. It's an integral part of human monogamy, both as a cultural and biological concept.

LiterOfCola 16

YDI for trying to "convince" her. Make it known your ready and wait for her to tell you when she is too if you respect her. You greasy rat, OP.

Sounds like horrible communication. Waiting to let things happen us how little mistakes are made.

Well 15 let's talk real quick the kid tries to convince his girlfriend to have sex... Not knowing their respective ages and assuming they are old enough for it what's the problem? He has been with her for 16 months so obviously he is not pressuring her or making her uncomfortable about it or she would have put an end to the relationship. When you get out of high school you may realize that communication in a relationship is not filled with pressuring and drama at all times. OP may just be saying they have talked about for months he didn't force himself on her or give her ultimatums he obviously respected her and her feelings on the matter and put sex on the back burner to having her as a girlfriend or he would have ended it. Please by all means tell me the masterpiece of logic employed by everyone to read 'convince' as "force it down her throat until her spirit is broken and she relents"

LiterOfCola 16

120: First of all, you shouldn't have to convince anyone to have sex with you for the first time. It's different if they'd done it before, but to convince someone into their first time with you, especially first time in general, is ****** up. I fail to see how it is "obvious" that OP wasn't pressuring his girlfriend. The FML hints that he actually was pressuring her. She probably does feel uncomfortable with her bf trying to convince her. Also, you are off to assume OP is older. They sound like virgins, and 16 months is precise, leading me to believe they are still in highschool. The problem is she might now know to end the relationship; it's a common problem with young girls. Regardless, you're wrong. You can make it known that you want to do it without convincing/pressuring

"Convince" does definitely come off as desperation. However, whether or not this whole thing is an FML or a YDI depends on one thing: if they've done it before. If they did, and she just abruptly said, "Oh, hey, let's never do this anymore," then ... huge red flag. If they are in their mid-teens and it's their first relationship or whatnot, then it's a bit different and should be understood. I once knew a woman who would do everything that was sexually arousing and for extended periods of time and would stop short of actually doing it. Needless to say, I left, because blue balls are a ******* bitch.

Ooooook let's look at this again super trooper I was referring to being old enough to have sex and handle it if they are 16 then this relationship started as early as14 and was leaning towards sex already ... That would have been the real issue here. I say obvious because in the full decade of additional life and relationship experience I have to pull from. If someone was pressuring you in an irritating or forceful manner you .... Drumroll please ... Dump them. She didn't so it follows that he couldn't have been pressuring that much. In the opposite direction sex was once again Obviously not his biggest priority or he would have dumped her to pursue easier quarry. Now granted young girls aren't always the best at ending relationships but once again if they are too young to handle breaking up they are way too young for sex. 16 months is an excessive amount of time for even the most insecure person to put up with something and not get rid of the offending person. Heck for all we know the girl may initiate things get everything to the cusp of sex itself and then back off leaving the guy to try and convince her to finish ... Just not enough info here for anyone to be judging the guy as a greasy rat my young friend.

Heck, for all we know the guy could be a rainbow pterodactyl who lives in a palm tree made of skittles! It's still not really relevant though.

LiterOfCola 16

Okay 49, as super trooper I'd like to point out that the thumbs speak for themselves. It's pretty obvious that the guy was pressuring her. Young girls are often taken advantage of in these situations; if a guy doesn't get any, the worst that happens is blue balls. A girl can feel sad and regretful, and to me a girl's feelings are more important than a temporary nut pain.

perdix 29

Oh, man, you choked! Better you than her, I guess?

Draxanoth 15

I have dubbed thee, Sir.Floppy! You may now....rise...?

Convince? She should have sex with you when she wants to have sex with you, not be talked into it, that makes for a pretty bad time all round

Mister_Triangle 21

FML double standard #43: Girl wants sex but guy doesn't: "it's your job to satisfy her whenever she wants" Guy wants sex when girl doesn't: "respect her decision and wait until she wants to"

RedPillSucks 31

I believe that was the problem (Yes, I know you were making a pun)

Have sex for 16 months? Jesus you must have extreme stamina.

Either u r being sarcastic or a complete idiot!

perdix 29

#30, no, that is a great intentional misread. It makes you go back and re-read the original story and you can see how it could be interepreted the other way. The ability to do this shows great mental flexibility.

Lionesse 15

I think you need to re read the fml... But really? 16 months of sex? Common sense.. Duh.. Most people can't last longer than 2 minutes...

RedPillSucks 31

There's a lot of 2 minutes in 16 months. And yes, it's a cute misread.

guys it was a joke, there was no punctuation so it could be read either way. idiots >.>

CharresBarkrey 15

Even WITH punctuation, it could be read either way. It's the wording that's wrong.