By social anxiety my a** - 18/03/2013 14:17 - Switzerland - Zurich

Today, after three years with my boyfriend hardly ever going to any social or public event with me due to his social anxiety, I got to witness him improve his flirting skills on every girl available at his house party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 685
You deserved it 4 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Looks like a disease that you shouldn't have cured.

He probably uses that as a way in with the ladies: "I have terrible social anxiety.. I-I wish I could stay, you're so charming but-but...it's really horrible, I just can't." "How can I help you with that then? I am enjoying being with you!" "Oh, well, there is one thing..." 3:D

Comments

You watched him do this, and yet you didn't break-up with him?

Now was he flirting or just being nice? Don't confuse the two. If it was at his house, he may have just been playing a good host. Being in his comfortable surroundings might have brought him out of his shell vs going somewhere else that could bring on the anxiety.

Wizzlbang 10

why do I get the feeling OP has a loose definition of 'flirting'?

He wasn't paying attention to me and only me and asked if if girls needed refills!! That is obviously flirting!

Well,maybe he was trying to be nice to other people,and make some friends.He wasn't using pickup lines or anything,just offering them refills on their drinks.And some people get along with the opposite sex more easily.

You gave him the confidence to improve his game.

Speaking as a male diagnosed with social anxiety, it's a heck of a lot easier to hit on a girl that comes to your own house than it is to go somewhere else and flirt. The fact that she's all ready in your house for any reason at all is just a huge confidence boost. This is just an FYI, though. I'm not justifying his actions or whatever.

what a break through! be proud of his progression! hahah

theidiottrap 2

You should leave him, I dated an asshole who was similar in the way that he refused to go out in public with me but had no problem hitting on other women. He's just going to end up breaking your heart, OP.

supercrazyelmo 8

Looks like you been lied to