By Midnightpearls - 02/11/2012 15:39 - United States

Today, after nearly a year of headaches and fuzzy vision, I went to the eye doctor. It turns out I've had my contacts in the wrong eyes for a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 761
You deserved it 38 281

Midnightpearls tells us more.

TO ALL YOU PEOPLE ASKING WHY I WAITED: I'm at college and I still depend on my parents' income. I basically get one eye doctor visit a year because it's what we can afford. Alright, people?

Top comments

zingline89 18

I had a similar problem, but with my car. After years of constant accidents and high insurance premiums, I realized I've been driving in reverse the whole time.

Comments

rotflqtms_ 21

How many eyes do you have, 8? Man, I always knew aliens were out there, and now we have one posting on FML... They're taking over, and they're trying to blend in with society to gather information on us!!! Hide your kids, hide your wife! (Yes, I know what they actually meant)

Lol that was so stupid, it made me laugh

Wow um how did you not know. I swap eyes all the time if they seem blurry. Problem solved. Either you were Rey confused or just a total dumb ass.

I would imagine that people treat contacts like shoes. Sometimes you slip your foot into the wrong one when you are in a hurry but you can figure out that the fit is not right almost instantly.

sweetmama88 6

The question is why wait a year to figure it out?

merryhappy1887 20

Seriously waited a year? You're stupid. You could have had a brain tumor or a parasite in your eye.

Why would you wait a year ?'!?!?' I'd say 6 weeks max! I wouldn't even wait that long !!

mrdecay 3

If the prescription was close enough for you to get them confused, then I can't see how this caused a problem. If they were completely different, then you're an idiot. Probably the wrong prescription in the first place *works in an opticians*