By Stressed Mother - 18/03/2015 21:26 - United States - Piscataway

Today, after months of job hunting, I finally got a phone call. They were impressed with me. That's when my son decided to throw a tantrum asking for food. After some silence, the caller told me they were looking for someone who wasn't juggling little kids at home and hung up. My son is 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 009
You deserved it 5 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow... Maybe you should get your son to work and pay the bills... AND FEED HIS GOD DAMN SELF.

trellz17 19

So everyone who works at that company has no small kids at home? Yeah right.

Comments

Holy shit. I would get my ass whipped so fast if I did that, even at my age. Teach your son to get his own damn food!

eyebrowzzz 21

Sounds like he should be job hunting too...or getting a life

that's discrimination and you could sue the company

it is. pretty sure they cant ask and/or consider that in their decision

Don't know why you're downvoted, maybe people just thumb down anything that says sue. It is absolutely illegal to discriminate based on having children or pregnancy status.

So ****** up. My mom told me that when she was younger, she'd always get asked at job interviews if she had children and who was going to take care of them while she was at work. They'd never ask that of a man... because clearly a man's own children are not his problem, so they shouldn't interfere with his work.

It's not illegal to not hire people that have kids. It's illegal to fire people for certain things, but you don't have rights relating to jobs you don't have.

SilverInGray 25

Yes it is. They aren't allowed to consider that in their candidate search.

Actually, it is illegal. They are not allowed to discriminate against a person when doing job interviews. Their not even allowed to ask if you have any kids because its discriminating. I think you need to start reading some of the laws on employment, because if you asked a lawyer, they'd tell you the exact same thing. People have been sued over this kind of stuff before.

What did he need from you, Mothers milk? He is 20, he should know to cook or at least make a toast or some basic stuff. Good luck on your job hunt OP.

nonsensical 26

or wait 10 minutes til she was off the phone

Time your son grew the hell up got a job and bought his own food.

You deserve this one... Stop enabling your son and maybe he will learn to grow up.

"Stop enabling your son" What an assumption! He's 20 years old, he can be doing college, and staying at home, he can also be temporarily visiting. I know alot of people who go back home on their days off. He also could be on a break. Stop assuming.

I agree with the original commenter. Even if her son is only at home visiting, even if he is a genius student, he still obviously has no idea how to behave and at age 20 if you're still putting up with that, it's because you choose to. Unless the guy has special needs.

to the assumption comment whining like a little kid while she's on phone especially looking for work. i hope he's not in college. and i suspect if mental problems that would have been posted. time for him to smarten up. at 20 shouldn't whine like little kid for food

I completely agree with 17. This is definitely a ydi. Op you are allowing your son to act like this. Either tell him to grow up, make his own food, and not talk to you like that, or he can leave. Simple as that. Unfortunately you are enabling him by allowing him to treat you like that. Either he changes or he can move out. His choice.

i dont usually support to kick 20years old out of the house...but in this case..kick his ass and then kick him out of your house...

You're in the US throw him out. Unless he have autism or some thing like that.

bleedingglitter 24

Sounds like it's time for someone's bratty ass to leave the nest.

Kick his lazy ass out! He's an adult, and it's time he started acting like one!