By heartattack - 03/02/2019 16:00

Today, after I moved into my new 1930's house, my elderly rescue dog raised her hackles and stared at the wall behind my bed for two full minutes. I thought she might have recognized something from her old job. She's a retired cadaver dog. I guess I'm never sleeping, again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 584
You deserved it 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wrhapsody 10

that's not how cadaver dogs are trained to alert to finding a body or a piece of one... they're trained to sit and bark or to place their paw near the area... not growl incessantly as if they were gonna kill someone. probably a ghost... or a mouse in the wall.

maroongrad 13

More likely you need to get some mouse traps. She may have heard one in the walls.

Comments

Did your dog just solve an ancient murder mystery and discovered that someone's body was sealed within that wall?

Nope. Timmy is still stuck in the well... just turns out to be the well of The Ring that resides in this house now...

How’s a dead body going to hurt you? Except for the smell.

True, but there is definitely something unsettling about a home where someone may have murdered someone and then walled them up like something out of Edgar Allen Poe.

maroongrad 13

More likely you need to get some mouse traps. She may have heard one in the walls.

Well. Your elderly dog might be getting senile and had trouble focusing on you.

wrhapsody 10

that's not how cadaver dogs are trained to alert to finding a body or a piece of one... they're trained to sit and bark or to place their paw near the area... not growl incessantly as if they were gonna kill someone. probably a ghost... or a mouse in the wall.

I just bought a brand new 2nd hand barely used used vehicle/house/item.... them there are words of a moron

boopingsnoot 24

It’s their new house, that they just moved into. The house isn’t newly built, merely newly purchased.

You made me google “what are hackles” AND “what is a cadaver dog?”. Shame on you for making me learn new things.

boopingsnoot 24

There is the possibility of the dog getting a little senile and getting spooked by something in the wall. Could’ve been an animal, or maybe even a pipe making noise outside the range of human hearing (maybe a radon abatement system?)