By luciazee - 06/06/2013 20:51 - Peru - Lima

Today, after having spent years staying in school, working hard to achieve good grades, and avoiding all the bad kids, my mom accused me of having no direction in life and complained about how I haven't given her a grandchild yet. I'm 19. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 016
You deserved it 3 328

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

tell her that your direction in life is not to become a father when its too young

Perdition25 12

She is a girl, you know that right?

Hey, gotta start somewhere? Though I think OP has the not being a father thing down pat.

How old was your mom when she had you??

Sorry OP ... but stay on your path, no matter how ignorant your family is. It's your life, and a great education will make all the difference for you (as well as any future children you may decude to have, much later on, when the time is right for you)

MiloBear 11

I am in a similar situation, OP. I just graduated cum laude, now I'm working on my Honours (all on scholarship) and my parents still nag me because I'm not out earning money like my older sister is. My mom has been telling us she is ready for grandchildren since I was 20.

Everyone is complimenting OP and saying well done for not having a kid. This just shows how much society's standards have dropped!

Bunny21 11

Thank the Lord there are still some intelligent people out there like yourself! Goodness knows there are more than enough idiots in the world.

Yeah because a woman's only purpose in life is to have a child...

I don't know how things are in Peru, but just the reaction people have here is pretty sad. It's a disgrace that it's considered 'normal' to have a kid while you're under 20 and that you seem to be labelled a freak or abnormal if you're intelligent and want more out of life. Kids shouldn't be having kids anyway, it's not an accomplishment. Good for you OP for wanting more out of life, shame about your mothers' low expectations.

Inediblepeaches 15

OP, you can always tell her you want to be able to support said grandchild before having it.