By Anonymous - 30/12/2008 11:16 - France

Today, after going to college for 5 years to become an architect I discover my plumber makes more than I do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 336
You deserved it 3 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For all the narrow minded people out there: plumbers do more than fix peoples toilets. Have you ever wondered how the water magically appears at your kitchen faucet? Or the sprinkler systems in buildings? Or even how the gas gets to your stove or fireplace? Fixing a toilet is just .05% of our trade. Smarten up people

poison29 0

what's wrong with being a plumber? YDI for being conceited and looking down on others

Comments

I don't think having a degree (for everyone) is about how much money you are going to make. I already knew when I started my studies that a degree in literature is pretty much useless job/money wise. However I am happy to have a high level of education, I feel better equipped to have intelligent and interesting discussions with people, and I have a much better analytical mind now. I have a masters degree, I work part time in a not very well paying, no education needed job, while paying down 5 years worth of student loans and trying to write something brilliant on the side. I happen to like my life. (I too have lived in 3 countries, not that I see how that's really relevant to the first poster's point).

A plumber goes to school for 4 years anyways...

regional airline pilots make less than 23,000 a year and are treated like crap

ArchiJess 0

yea, i'm currently in my third year of architorture....... we should have known shit was gonna suck when half the kids dropped out the 1st semester. i blame corb.

You should be an elevator repair woman. It's one of the highest paying jobs, I heard. It's my backup plan if I don't become a lawyer, astronaut, or scientist. ;)

i_heart_boobies 0

I once read an article comparing level of education with salary. By far, the job with the "worst" ratio of school to salary was architecture.

Do you remember what article that was? could you post a link or more info to google it?

tbeaun 0

This guy needs a hankie...& a loan.

are you really architecture or did you go with interior design

Another victim of the government propaganda campaign. Tip for all people still deciding what to do with their lives, trades make a lot of money, will always be needed, and typically spend less of education than people with degrees. So long as we're using electricity, we'll need electricians, if you want to drive a car, at some point you'll probably need to see a mechanic about it, and if you like having interior water you're going have to accept plumbers. Yeah, it may not have the impact at a bar that being able to say that you have a masters degree in bioengineering will, but anyone who knows anything accepts the fact that trades are needed and will at least respect you for taking one.

Don't worry about it. You'll make enough money to support yourself and you'll be a lot happier than a guy who spends his days with his head in other people's toilets.

Bobby319 24

Plumbers are usually happy with what they do, the whole toilet thing is like a fraction of what they do, and generally they enjoy the work they do