By justthinkofyourhand - 13/07/2014 22:36 - United States - Salida

Today, after five years of dating, my boyfriend finally proposed to me. The words "just think of the tax breaks" were uttered. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 564
You deserved it 4 971

Same thing different taste

Comments

Unless one of you makes substantially more than the other (so the lower earner can pull the higher one into a lower bracket), there's actually a tax penalty for marriage, not a break. If you guys are trying to get the same insurance and want to collect each other's social security etc then fire away.

Tax breaks. LMAO. stupid bastard believes there is tax breaks. Another falsehood to reel you into a life of pain. No tax break is a wash for half your shit. Please tell me what tax breaks cause my accountant hasn't found them. I get just a bit more yearly than I did single ten years ago.

And when he wants children, he'll be like "Just think of the free health insurance!" (That's how it works here, don't know about other places).

oh my god. my boyfriend basically said the same thing to me. we've been together for almost 4 years.:p

avila_boy22 12

Bet he was just rambling and nervous about giving you an ultimatum

My parents were together a lot longer than 5 years before my dad proposed

So is he the act cool kind? Cause if he is, I could understand. Kind of like the type who puts the ring on your finger and then looks at you for your reaction.

Lols that's like this agreement my roommate and I have. If we're both still single forever-aloners, we're getting married for the simple conveniences it provides.