By tallesttree54 - 11/11/2016 00:38

Today my boyfriend proposed to me and I gladly accepted. The first words out of his mouth after getting off his knees were, "I own you now!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 547
You deserved it 1 370

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Application of makeup will be regarded as an act of vandalism. Any attempts to back out of the engagement could result in legal prosecution for stealing yourself. If you upload any footage of yourself to the internet (YouTube, Snapchat, Vine, etc.), you could be convicted of digital piracy.

If that was a joke, it was in very poor taste.

Comments

Scorpio1691 29

I think a take-back is in order for his response.

I think a take-back is in order for your response

I think a takeback is in order for both of your responses.

I think the Seahawks should've just ran the ball

He means he owns ur heart now and so that he owns u

Uh-oh!!! Run away! Run away! Get the hell out of Dodge! Run, Forrest, run!

Application of makeup will be regarded as an act of vandalism. Any attempts to back out of the engagement could result in legal prosecution for stealing yourself. If you upload any footage of yourself to the internet (YouTube, Snapchat, Vine, etc.), you could be convicted of digital piracy.

In the Bible women are said to cook, clean, and please her husband. Maybe that's where he got it from

How about you not try to justify a possible negative situation by using religion.

HarleyBlues 24

Get that sexist religious bullshit outta here!

Try League of Gentlemen instead of the Bible.

Tsukiyomi 16

Load of horseshit. That ain't anywhere in the bible

If that was a joke, it was in very poor taste.

caseyface1123 15

I mean hopefully he meant it as a joke. Just pay attention to his behavior as you start planning and what not. Could be a sign of things to come.

It sounds like a joke to me. He actually sounds like a pretty awesome guy. Good luck with your marriage OP!

How do you gather that he sounds like an awesome guy? We have no idea of his character except this statement from him.

It's an FML rule, Lizzy. Whenever somebody makes a stupid joke to an OP, somebody invariably talks about how how awesome they are. Conversely, if the OP is the one making the stupid joke, there will always be at least one comment about how they deserve the FML for saying something so inane.

Oh. I'm sorry, I don't actually use this app often enough to realize I am a part of FML culture! However, I assumed he was making a joke, which I may be wrong, but he took a very serious moment that is a huge deal and he resorted to joking around. Once again, I am probably wrong and you should disregard anything I am saying.