By Scarlet - 09/08/2016 18:01

Today, after calling my bank to see where my paycheck was, and waiting on hold for my entire lunch break, my boss told me she forgot to submit my deposit. I was relying on that money to pay for lunch today as I used all I had for bills. Looks like I eat tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 679
You deserved it 1 141

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well OP, I know it might be hard, but try asking a coworker/friend to pay for lunch and offer to pay them back. I know people are going to chew out the boss, but honestly everyone makes mistakes-including bosses. Hopefully she was remorseful and apologized.

If your boss is at least a bit reasonable, you could ask him/her to front you some money for lunch because it was their fault you're in trouble now...

Comments

saffy66 34

Look on the bright side - you wouldn't have had time to eat it anyway. Oh wait - if the money was there, you wouldn't have wasted all your break time on the phone... Yep, that's a double FYL, OP.

Big_D_Real 12

You always call your place of employment first, if your pay check wasn't deposited. They can tell you very quickly whether your pay was processed on time and how it's being delivered. I work in payroll.

Lol! I work at a bank. I just pretty much made the same comment.

You have to learn to budget a little better. I live paycheck to paycheck as well, but being disciplined with finances is an important skill to learn, especially when it determines whether or not you will have enough funds to eat.

That's actually illegal an employer can have serious fines for forgetting to pay their employees.

Lol How would your bank know where your check is anyways? You should have known to call your employer first thing. THEY are the ones making ACH payment to you. Silly girl. :)

Don't suffer in silence. Borrow lunch money from someone.

Justice dictates that your boss owes you lunch.

If it happens again, don't come in for a day and tell your boss that you forgot they needed you to work.

CupOfSoup costs a buck and has vegetables for $1. Buy some for emergencies. Also if you are THAT strapped for cash you should stop buying lunch out and bring lunch. It is significantly cheaper.