By EggBomb - 01/12/2016 18:22

Today, after boiling eggs my whole life, I wanted to try a packaged hard-boiled egg for the first time. I'd never had a cold egg before, so I thought it would be a good idea to warm it up. Now, I'm cleaning out a billion pieces of egg shrapnel in the microwave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 466
You deserved it 9 805

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you need help gathering the pieces, I've heard all the king's horses and all the king's men are pretty good. Note: if you want the egg put back to together again, however, you'll need to look elsewhere.

Shouldn't have left the shell on, the steam buildup inside the egg makes it explode. Although, I have heard that it is possible to actually hard-boil eggs in the oven...

Comments

LOL, I've done this before. Learned the hard way.!

The moisture in the egg turns into steam, which, since any steam in a sealed container causes an explosion... Well, at least it didn't explode as you went to take it out. There are a lot of people that wind up burned from similar situations.

I'm surprised you haven't had a cold hard boiled egg before since they are used in egg salad.

Just about every hard boiled egg I've ever ate was cold, because you're supposed to put them in ice water to stop the cooking process and also because I keep a bowl in the fridge for snacking on. And the prepackaged eggs taste no different from the ones made at home.

I'm sorry...but thats funny as hell and you've cheered my crappy day right up!!!

of course just cracking it or putting a very small hole in it would work fine

I always thought it wasn't safe to reheat boiled eggs.

sarahcroy20 12

You've never had a cold egg before? I keep my hardboiled eggs in the frig