By EggBomb - 01/12/2016 18:22

Today, after boiling eggs my whole life, I wanted to try a packaged hard-boiled egg for the first time. I'd never had a cold egg before, so I thought it would be a good idea to warm it up. Now, I'm cleaning out a billion pieces of egg shrapnel in the microwave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 466
You deserved it 9 804

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you need help gathering the pieces, I've heard all the king's horses and all the king's men are pretty good. Note: if you want the egg put back to together again, however, you'll need to look elsewhere.

Shouldn't have left the shell on, the steam buildup inside the egg makes it explode. Although, I have heard that it is possible to actually hard-boil eggs in the oven...

Comments

I don't think I need to tell you eggsactly what went wrong here.

Shouldn't have left the shell on, the steam buildup inside the egg makes it explode. Although, I have heard that it is possible to actually hard-boil eggs in the oven...

You can do so and I have. Best damn eggs ever!

imagineapc 11

Any hard boiled egg will explode in the microwave - I fell victim to it myself the other night! Hard boiled egg, no shell, and the need for several Lysol wipes. Whoops!

Apparently there is a work-around to this: poke a small hole using a pin or smth in both ends of the egg. I tried it while on holiday with only a microwave to 'cook' anything with, but alas, it still exploded. Anyone here able to/willing to attest to the success of this trick? Did I miss something? XD

That's eggsactly what you shouldn't do!

I mean you really didn't see that happening?

I was wondering what you meant. Thanks for explaining what you mean.

Yes, I'm sure OP did see the egg exploding in their microwave.

Far be it from me to f e e d on your misfortune, but you should've known how long to warm it to prevent it blowing up. I'd recommend using an egg timer next time.

Dang..I would have freaked tf out. That sucks OP.

If you need help gathering the pieces, I've heard all the king's horses and all the king's men are pretty good. Note: if you want the egg put back to together again, however, you'll need to look elsewhere.

You know that the song never mentions that Humpty is an egg? I read that somewhere.

hellobobismyname 24

#19 - But he is always drawn as an egg, in practically every nursery rhyme book or media he is featured in.

I prefer to think of him as a human, with his body parts strewn all over the place. Then they try to make him into a sort of Frankenstein's monster.

I absolutely enjoy almost every one of your replies.

Supposedly Humpty was actually a cannon.

YDI. Using a microwave oven is good with certain foods, and very poor for others. Eggs are in that second group.

I actually like them better cold! Never be afraid to try new things ;)