This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By heavysleeper - 06/10/2016 04:01 - United States - Franklin Square

Today, after being warned about my constant tardiness to work, I set two alarm clocks plus the alarm on my phone so I could be on time. I ended up sleeping through all the alarms and woke up an hour late, with a voicemail telling me I was fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 933
You deserved it 800

Top comments

One_In_Three 24

Have you tried going to bed earlier by any chance?

i too have this issue. your body clock is off. your not ready to get up at that time. i quit being " normal" and now i sleep right when i get home at 6pm and wake up refreshed at 3am. this gives me time to do errands but only to 24hr walmart and walgreens and i arrive at work on time and with energy.

Comments

orangejubejube 20

The screaming mimi alarm, if you don't mind being woken up by a heart attack every day..

Go see a doctor, ASAP. Sleeping through multiple alarms may be normal, but not so consistently that it effects your life. Chances are there's an issue with your thyroid or iron levels, or something similar. Get it checked. Better to be safe than sorry.

Sometimes the subconscious makes us do things that we otherwise wouldn't do. Possibly it happened because you thoroughly dislike the job and "needed to get out"

your own fault then really is it not?

My mom always told me that if you sleep through alarm clocks it's because you've ignored or shut off your inner body clock. If you tell yourself over and over again to wake up at a certain time then you will. But you have to be determined and kind of stress over it. It always works for me. (But I also have tons of alarms set just in case.)

this happens to me too, except the getting fired part. i set 20 alarms on my phone.... and they are al extremely loud and obnoxious and i still sleep through them, and no matter if i go to bed early or late i still sleep through them. luckily, my daughter and i live with my parents again, and my dad will hear my alarms all the way upstairs and will come down to wake me.

ApparentlyNotEno 28

Echoing what others have said here - GO SEE A DOCTOR. I had Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) throughout secondary school and didn't know it. I *constantly* slept through alarms, even after a "full night" of sleep. OSA isn't the only condition it could be, but it does sound as if you have a medical issue. Do yourself a favour and get help.