This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By heavysleeper - 06/10/2016 04:01 - United States - Franklin Square

Today, after being warned about my constant tardiness to work, I set two alarm clocks plus the alarm on my phone so I could be on time. I ended up sleeping through all the alarms and woke up an hour late, with a voicemail telling me I was fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 933
You deserved it 800

Top comments

One_In_Three 24

Have you tried going to bed earlier by any chance?

i too have this issue. your body clock is off. your not ready to get up at that time. i quit being " normal" and now i sleep right when i get home at 6pm and wake up refreshed at 3am. this gives me time to do errands but only to 24hr walmart and walgreens and i arrive at work on time and with energy.

Comments

One_In_Three 24

Have you tried going to bed earlier by any chance?

i too have this issue. your body clock is off. your not ready to get up at that time. i quit being " normal" and now i sleep right when i get home at 6pm and wake up refreshed at 3am. this gives me time to do errands but only to 24hr walmart and walgreens and i arrive at work on time and with energy.

MrSnyde 4

At least it was a voicemail. My job would've waited for you to come in before sending you out the door with a security escort to make sure you don't break anything on the way out (and to make sure everyone sees you).

This shouldn't be an almost FML. This really shouldn't

sounds like you should have solved this problem a long while ago. ydi.

DUDE same thing kept happening to me!!! I would randomly fall asleep in the middle of the day too, tried to fix my sleep schedule and it wouldn't work. Got so bad I had to see a doctor, turns out my thyroid was barely working!! Please see a doctor because that thing gets worse the more you ignore it. Good luck.

try going to bed at an earlier time if possible and invest in one of those alarm clocks that play loud music and have a strong vibration that is extremely loud on hard surfaces. if all else fails I suggest going to a doctor, something could be wrong.

If you are sleeping that soundly through that many alarms and that often, it's time to see a doctor and have some testing done. You could have avoided being fired if you had been proactive in finding a solution to a problem you knew you had.

sibu12345 13

If you were serious about waking up on time, you'd set 24 alarms of 5 mins intervals like I did. Well it's not like I don't feel your pain cause that has happened to me before. I was too 1h later after those 24 alarms of =='

Radio Shack declared chapter 11 last year, and closed most of its stores. Your best bet would be Amazon.