By Anonymous - 21/01/2013 12:48 - United States - Baltimore

Today, after applying for a job at a tanning salon, I was told they don't hire "naturally tan" people. I'm black. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 326
You deserved it 4 408

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would fight it, I don't think they can do that. But then again they sound really stupid. I don't know if you'd want to work for them anyways...

Comments

shan88 14

Wow talk about racist. Sorry OP that you were treated so poorly but on a positive note you don't have to work with racist assholes like that

Please tell me they were joking... Or if they were serious, then it was because they are so innocently dumb. In that case, it would be a little funny. Anyway, fight it! That is the clearest cut case of discrimination I've ever seen.

*jenna marbles voice* that's racist as ****.

That is indirect discrimination (imposing a policy that stops a group of people from getting the job because of a characteristic) and I do believe it is illegal in the United States.

Wow. You should have said: "is it 'cuz I is black?" Racists.

Intentionally using incorrect grammar in attempt to defend yourself would be even more so.

I find it fascinating that you used that... Word diaarhea there insisting that that's how African Americans talk and then calling others racist.

Have you people not seen Ali G? Well that's your loss.

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

18, you're an idiot and you should feel like an idiot. And Ali G sucked

Well #61, thank you for your honest opinion. I guess not so many people like Ali G? Oh and if I did offend OP, it was not my intention. Personally I think Ali G is a genious in a bottle. I will noy apologize to anyone except for the people that felt hurt by my comment. But you have to remember, it was a joke :)

BradTheBrony 19

What is this, the 19th century? "We don't serve your kind here!"

Kinda ironic, considering today is MLK day.

Technically, it'd be "We don't want your kind serving here."

Everyone knows if you work at a tanning salon you have to look like you are made of shoe leather

caysters 12

Definitely a lawsuit. Go get paid! Lol

pickle_wibbs 10

Oooh blatant discrimination! Don't stand for that!