By iliana74 - 20/04/2016 16:07 - United States - Hamilton

Today, a woman came up to me and sheepishly asked if my son is single. He's not my son, he's my boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 939
You deserved it 2 249

Same thing different taste

Top comments

adkim78 17

my mom and my brother have the opposite problem. Asian moms never age, I guess..

Its also kind of an insult since OP was basically told that she looked old.

Comments

AnOriginalName 19

So you told her "yeah" and then started making out with your "son"?

jim2020 18

Should have called your boyfriend over to introduce him while casually squeezing his ass, fondling his hair, etc.

She might have said that on purpose, to upset OP and to make her BF feel like he could do better. I mean: why on earth would someone ask such a thing, even *if* they were mother and son.

Quite creepy and sad that instead of hitting on someone directly, she'd address the person she assumed was his mother. It does sound like the woman was trying to be deliberately hurtful towards OP.

Also, it makes me wonder about the age of the girl and you both.. I assume she must be about 14 - 17, but the age gap doesn't make any sense. It's almost impossible to look that much older if you both are just a few years older than her.

Oh wait, the FML says woman, not girl... Does that mean you're all between 18-30? Makes it even more weird. I rest my case, she did it on purpose.

I've been mistaken as my bfs mom a couple of times and I really don't think I look like I could be 40+ years old . he's a year older than me.

I remember when I started working my old job, one of my coworkers there asked me if my husband was my dad (I'm only a 1 1/2 years younger than he is) then proceeded to ask if he was my brother (we look absolutely nothing alike). Maybe that woman just wanted to piss the OP off.

the first thing that came to mind is maybe she was dared to ask?

andrmac 25

I have a friend over 30 that finally got a few grey hairs until that happened because of his size and baby face you would guess 14-15 years old.