By Sarah-D - 29/07/2016 05:31

Today, a policeman pulled me over and proceeded to flirt with me. After I had rejected him, he gave me a ticket for "not paying attention to the road". FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 253
You deserved it 2 250

Same thing different taste

Top comments

redcode5 17

Go to the police office and file a complaint.

OP, you need to report the officer. Write down in detail everything that happened so you don't forget anything. That officer needs to get a real reality check.

Comments

Ironman_I_Am 7

Even if she were to report him he wouldn't get fired or have anything done to him at all he would just get PAYED to take a small break from work

But it would be on his record. Enough of those and someone would notice. Never undermine the right thing to do.

Although it was very wrong of the officer, he most likely pulled you over because of how you were driving, saw you were pretty and decided to flirt, you rejected him so he wrote the ticket which is very wrong to do. I think he pulled you over to give you a warning or something, but he wouldn't have pulled you over just to flirt, how could he have even seen your face that much if you were driving.

Well it is possible that the cop was in front of OP and close enough to see her then decided to fall back in traffic to pull OP over and be a creep

It's not that hard to see people's faces through their windows when you're driving, especially if they're beside you. I agree with you though, he probably didn't pull her over just to flirt. He probably pulled her over for an infraction and saw she was pretty and decided to flirt with her. However, the way he did this was extremely unprofessional, he basically made receiving the ticket contingent on whether or not she accepted his advances and flirted back, which is just creepy, especially coming from someone in a position of authority. It is unacceptable and I would still fight the ticket in this case and report the officer.

soooo I'm totally standing by my YDI just bc OP could have easily avoided the ticket by doing some light flirting in return along with some sweet reason she doesn't want to get involved with anyone right now like may be bc she is focusing on her career or studies lol HOWEVER it is very clear he was abusing his power in the way of which he responded to her declination. so I would definitely agree with the majority vote here to fight the ticket and report the bastard even if all he gets is PTO. at least the incident would be on record. good luck OP - you must be a beautiful lady so Take away some good from this in knowing you can cause a cop to "not pay attention to the road" - maybe he should have put his name on the ticket?

You basically contradicted yourself with that whole paragraph. So it's the OP's fault because she didn't submit to his advances, but he's still in the wrong too and abusing his power. In this situation, you can't have both. The officer was in the wrong, plain and simple, as an authority, you get held to higher standards, and what the officer did was completely unacceptable and abuse of his position. You're on the job, act like it. No one is obligated to just accept and go along someone else's advances, no matter who they are, to say it's they're fault for rejecting someone is ludicrous. What you are doing is basically blaming the victim because she didn't appease him.

#27 thank you. your are absolutely right. as for my response - I don't alwAys think before I speak and this was one of those times. in the beginning of my comment I was allowing my active addiction behavior decide what to say based on what I would have done back in my drug days which is flirt back in hopes of not getting cited which is wrong. he was definitely out of line and needs to be punished accordingly. in no way do I believe she deserved it so IDK why I said that but I should have said it might have turned out differently had she flirted back. she has the freedom to think and act on her own behalf and should be respected.

Goblin182 26

I didn't even know that "not paying attention to the road" was a thing

Well, yeah of course it is. It's the same thing as distracted driving, basically.

I think we need some more information here, if OP was actually not paying attention to the road in the first place and she was pulled over and ticketed for it, they're both in the wrong. But if he pulled her over just to flirt then he should be reported

He should be reported regardless. Cops should not flirt with citizens when they are on the job, i.e. in a position of authority over that person. Sorry if I misread your comment.

My big question is was the opportunity to flirt the only reason you were pulled over, or were you given an opportunity out of a legitimate situation? Not saying he's in the right, in fact if he was trying to let you off easy I have more of a problem, but context changes everything here, haha.

Superbaker123 14

Ok op got the ticket for not paying attention to the road. The only problem I have with it was what was op actually doing to get pulled over. If op was texting and driving or was distracted (again I know it was for "not paying attention") then op shouldn't complain about doing wrong in the first place. However, if op was doing absolutely nothing. And I mean nothing, then it's abuse of his power. Most cops and I say most cause there are bad ones, don't pull people over just to flirt with them. I have seen some that have used it as a way of proposing to their significant other. But never to randomly flirt. But I could be wrong

But who cares if he pulled her over for real or not? He shouldn't be flirting with her, PERIOD! I hear "If she did something wrong then she shouldn't complain" and it sounds like "If she didn't want to get raped she shouldn't have worn that skirt! Probably me reading waaaaaay too much into things, though.

No, he shouldn't have been flirting with her. But I hardly think you can compare getting a ticket for committing a traffic violation to getting raped for wearing a skirt.

Honestly your dumb af. If I was getting chatted up by any officer man, woman, tranny, whatever I would go with it because I'd rather not get the ticket. I'm not saying the flirting was right just saying ydi for not acknowledging that you could've just gone with it. Also if you fight tickets lots of times you go off because the police don't show or you have a valid defense like in this case. You take it to court with the cheapest lawyer you can find that's qualified and you'll be good