By IHateBeingAStudent - 12/02/2012 09:43

Today, a little girl I give horse-riding lessons to told me she had saved up $8.00 for her own pony. I laughed and thought how cute she was, then realized that was more than I have in my own savings account. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 280
You deserved it 12 703

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jillianmathers12 13

Don't you make money through lessons?

Considering her user name is iHateBeingaStudent, I would assume that's her part time job while she's in college. College seems to get really expensive so I believe she doesn't have any money left because of that.

Comments

jillianmathers12 13

Don't you make money through lessons?

Considering her user name is iHateBeingaStudent, I would assume that's her part time job while she's in college. College seems to get really expensive so I believe she doesn't have any money left because of that.

You earn money but if she works there she probably gives the money to the full time trainer and is a working student. But if she owned the barn the money she earns goes right back into hay, stable mix, bedding for the horses. Supplements and things like that.

Raising horses is expensive too, with the hay, the grain, they vet bills, getting shoes put on them, so if she owns the horse and/or barn, I can understand not having a lot of money saved

Even with a job it's not that easy to save up. Pshhh ignorant kids these days^^

remz89 3

Student loans are evil, working is the best way, I wish I didn't need to rely off of student loans cuz the interest and the restrictions they put on you completely sucks. I'll be stuck paying off my student loans till I'm old and wrinkly -_-

That's never how it works with me the money I made was 100% mine. The barn owner made their money through boarding cost.

torch433 1

lol msg me jillian i feel like gettin 2 kno u :-)

yourlifesucksHA 14
kevsnev 7

Or time to start saving. OP could be spending more than she/he(forgot to look at gender) makes. EDIT: I didn't recognize that she could've been doing this as a part time job for college.

I married for money working sucks I still don't know what she see in me.

uprising_fml 0

it happens to me too. gas and groceries go so fast. when I'm low like that, I buy ramen.

And you're still alive and kicking? A standing ovation for you.

7 - Don't assume that's the case for all students.

rosha267 21

I'm a student and I pay for everything myself. My mom helps when she can but times are really hard for everyone

CaptainSlow 2

It seems like she has to fix those things herself, hence the job and the fact that she barely has any leftover money.

#19 you said her food, clothing, lodging, and etc. came from her parents. You assumed that her parents payed for these things. While this may be true, a lot of students are more or less on their own financially with little help from their parents, especially students that come from families with multiple kids.

Wouldn't that be nice. If that was the case I wouldn't be so shit poor though.

desireev 17

Ha! I wish my mom and dad would help me! Most college students, nowadays, have to buy all of their own stuff. Assume makes and ass out of u and me. Remember that!

102 - no wonder I heard that western ladies are more independent.

Don't people pay for horse riding lessons??? You sir need to start charging or charge more.

Clamcreepy 7

I guess she got the last laugh. I'm sure she will be laughing on her way to the bank when she has enough for that pony

The sad part is, horses are super expensive. I could imagine her either finding an untrained, badly maintained pony for free, or a very nice one for around ten thousand dollars.

CeeCee_fml 16

Did you miss the part where she said she was giving horse riding lessons, which typically are not given for free?

julmicsaw 6

Read it again, and then face palm yourself

Before starring in friends, Matt LeBlanc (who plays Joey) only had 11 dollars to his name. just saying that anything is possible

Anything is possible, but that doesn't make it likely or even probable. I understand your point, but most of us can't hope for something like that to happen.