By cookiecutter8 - 06/11/2015 17:15 - United States - Carlsbad

Today, a guy started complimenting me and calling me beautiful. Halfway through, he burst out laughing and said he couldn't do it. Who needs self confidence, anyway? FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 229
You deserved it 1 686

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The guys and asshole. Don't let it get you down and just keep doing you.

singlwforlife 22

He just showed how ugly inside he truly is. I'm sure you're beautiful inside and out, OP. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. But your inner beauty just accentuates your putter beauty even more! Stay strong and keep your head up!

Comments

writergirl1029 17

There is no excuse for cruelty, ever. I'm sorry that you had to endure this and sincerely hope that you took none of it to heart. True beauty cannot be seen with the eyes.

schreibergx93 19

Being a decent human being calls for not leading others on with a lie. I'm sorry you had to deal with that OP. However, the best practice is to not care about his opinion.

That's not everyone...that doesn't define you

How can you know she's beautiful? Maybe the guy could not lie to her. It's not important to be beautiful on the outside because the one true love, will love us for who we are. If you're ugly, you eliminate the chance of someone just want to use you as an "accessory".

ninety 25

That's not necessarily true. People that are ugly or believe themselves to be ugly, such as girls and especially those with lower self-esteem in the looks department, tend to be targeted since they're usually nicer and easier to manipulate and/or take advantage of. One of my former best friends is a great example of this.

Everyone is beautiful to someone. Just because you don't find someone attractive doesn't mean they are not beautiful, that's our point. There's someone who will find you beautiful somewhere in this world.

What an idiot! I hope you didn't take that to heart. Always know and tell yourself that you are a beautiful and wonderful person inside and outside. It's nice to get genuine compliments but know you don't need validation from anyone anyway. When you know your own beauty and worth no one can bring you down especially with stupidity. Keep shining.