By not invited - 13/12/2015 01:13 - United States - Appleton

Today, a close friend told me she had no plans for her birthday. I found out she was lying when I had to serve her and 9 other mutual friends dinner at the restaurant I work at. I don't know what's worse, the fact that I wasn't invited or that none of them even remembered that I worked there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 023
You deserved it 1 595

Same thing different taste

Top comments

C_Sizzle247 11

Yeah I don't know about that "close friend" part...

Damn OP. She is obviously not a good friend. Let her/them go and move on! You deserve someone who would treat you right and not do that crap to you! She's obviously being fake. Go find someone worth your time!

Comments

Find them. Kill them all. Burn the evidence.

That's ****** up and I know that was embarrassing for you.... That's not a friend and also I bet one of her other friends probably didn't want you to come too.

SorryThisIsSam 10

Is it possible that they surprised her for her birthday and took her out to dinner? She's not necessarily complicit in this.

Well, since only one person said she didn't have plans for her birthday, why would the others need an excuse. Besides that, they went to the restaurant where OP was working. So it's not like OP could have joined in the meal anyway. But this way she can see her friends and sing Happy Birthday when a cupcake with a sparkler in it is carried out.

Well it's possible she didn't know about it and it was a surprise party. But that seems highly unlikely. I'm sorry OP.

Time for new friends. Unless they gave a good tip. Then you can keep them.

3 scenarios here: A. OP's friend really had no plans and was surprised at the last minute and taken somewhere she didn't know the location of beforehand. Or they all purposely went there to see OP. Or, since OP clearly states that the "friends" forgot he/she worked there, B. The "friend" is a total jerk and lied to avoid letting OP have a chance to include him/herself in the plans and then went to the restaurant hoping to get free shit since OP would know it's her birthday. OR option C. OP is a creep who isn't friends with any of these people thus explaining the lack of an invite or their knowledge of where OP works. I sincerely hope it's option A.

Ya, part of me thinks that op might think she's really close friends with these people, and they're not actually as close as she thinks. But, as you said, there are several scenarios that could've happened here. Op, I say ask her about it and give her a chance to explain. Also ask her if she no longer is interested in being friends (as she probably won't just up and tell you she doesn't want to be friends) and give her the option of telling the truth if she doesn't want to be friends. That way you can break up with her (for lack of a better term), find new friends, and no longer feel like a friend but really be an outsider. It's best to know where you really stand. I hope it was all just a mix up.

Did your selfish ass friends at least leave a tip?

paravoz 30

was there a special sauce in the food?