She noped out of that one

By Anonymous - 27/03/2023 06:00 - Australia - Perth

Today, I'd planned a surprise party for my best friend's birthday. However, she apparently found out about it and told me at the last minute she couldn't make it, probably to avoid being the center of attention. I'd already invited all of our mutual friends, so I had to awkwardly cancel the party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 585
You deserved it 516

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Was this party for her, or was it more for you and you were using them as the excuse? Because it sounds like you didn't really have her best interest at heart when throwing the surprise party.

If this woman is supposedly your best friend, then you should be aware that they don't like surprise parties. Deliberately arranging something that *you* like without thought for what the other person wants is the opposite of thoughtful.

Comments

Was this party for her, or was it more for you and you were using them as the excuse? Because it sounds like you didn't really have her best interest at heart when throwing the surprise party.

alw123 3

Why wouldn’t you just have it without her? Her loss. Just tell everyone no presents but come & let’s celebrate. When someone asks “where’s the birthday girl?” You just say she couldn’t make it.

Maybe next time just throw a party for someone who’ll appreciate it instead of for someone you sound like you knew wouldn’t want it.

Surprise parties are creepy. It just shows that everyone around you can conspire behind your back and you would be clueless. Maybe this time it's for fun, but now the infrastructure is in place, who knows what's next?

If this woman is supposedly your best friend, then you should be aware that they don't like surprise parties. Deliberately arranging something that *you* like without thought for what the other person wants is the opposite of thoughtful.