To catch a predator

By not to blame - 07/09/2021 02:01

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend’s family, whom I’ve known since I was in elementary school, now completely hate and blame me for "ruining their precious baby boy’s life." I'd called the police and reported him after finding out he cheated on me with not one, but several high school girls. We’re in our 30s. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 299
You deserved it 230

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shut them out of your life completely and remain vigilant! You did the right thing! The family is just sick and creepy as him. Don't let your guard down for now. People plot. Stay strong!

nammavic1 11

He’s a ******* pedo and they enable and encourage it. Fuckm all.

Comments

Shut them out of your life completely and remain vigilant! You did the right thing! The family is just sick and creepy as him. Don't let your guard down for now. People plot. Stay strong!

munchkin77 13

Well said - I was about to say a similar thing myself...

In many states the age of consent is 16, but I assume since the police are involved, he violated the law. Either way it is creepy as F, and the blame belongs squarely on him for the behavior.

Age of consent doesn’t mean any adults can have sex with a minor.

DoctorPALO 14

Being "consenting" at age 16 is ridiculous. Brains aren't fully developed enough to make choices independently and not be influenced by many factors. All that aside, WHY would a 30-something be messing with (at the oldest!) 18-year-olds?

You're not taking into account kids starting late. I've seen parents do it purposely so the kids will score higher on test than the other kids. Failing or being held back a grade also. Seeing a 19 year old in high school isn't uncommon, 20 is possible. To be clear, I'm making a point about possible ages in HighSchool. Not condoning actions.

Ambrily 27

Also, age of consent means that there can be intercourse with someone the same age or a couple years difference at best. A 30yo doing things with teens is just grooming them, ago of consent means nothing in that case.

At 16? You can be emancipated at 16, but you can't have sex? Regardless, someone 18 or older cannot have sex with them, this law is universal. These laws exist solely to prevent 16 and 17 year olds from getting thrown in jail for having sex with each other. Someone at the age of 18 is fitter, healthier, and have less age damage to their body. There's a lot of reasons that are biologically embedded in our DNA. But having a long-term relationship with one would be extremely tough.

Age of consent can be 16, unless the other person is 18 or older. This is universal. If you are 18, you cannot have sex with some under the age of 18 regardless of age of consent. The only exception in a few remaining states is if you marry that underage person with parent consent.

There are also "Romeo and Juliet" exceptions if, say, one party is 16 and the other is under the age of 20. But no law would be okay with a 30-something dude preying on teenagers.

If his family considers him their "precious baby boy," he probably thinks that high-school girls are older women. I'm not sure what role you've had in infantilizing him, but the family has blame, too.

Jon Tessler 14

does he think he is Matthew McConaughey from dazed and confused? but yeah, he ruined his own life...

xxlk4xx 6

ewwww, you are definitely not in the wrong here! you've absolutely done the right thing by reporting him! I'm sorry you're going through this.

nammavic1 11

He’s a ******* pedo and they enable and encourage it. Fuckm all.

He is not a pedophile, not what a pedophile is. But he's a creep, definitely.

Vesi 29

Pedo is attracted to *pre*pubescent children. If they have adult bits, then no, not pedo.

SalamanderSlick 1

there is a term for people attracted to teenagers but it doesnt matter cuz teenagers are still children which makes anyone touching them a filthy pedophile and we don't need to give them softer labels to try to justify themselves with.

You did good, OP. Be proud of yourself. Now go find someone who deserves a hero like you.