TMI

By Disgusted - 05/07/2009 06:30 - United States

Today, I met my biological mother for the first time. I also found out from her husband that she has her nipples and nether regions pierced. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 015
You deserved it 3 794

Same thing different taste

Top comments

this site really needs a "what's the big deal?" button.

OMG NOT PIERCINGS NOOOOO! ...Seriously. So what?

Comments

I don't get it, why did he tell YOU that? That's not a thing you want to know about your own mother unless you're one of those freaks on Jerry Springer show.

i agree the piercings aren't a big deal, but honestly how did that come up in conversation? the OP walks into the house, probably nervous and expectant about meeting her mother, and what do they talk about? the past? their hopes for their new relationship? no...they decide to discuss the mother's "nether regions" hahaha wtf

cattoe7 0

Sounds cool. **** her life for having such a sheltered kid.

AmyBeth 0

That stuff is SOOOOOOO stuid and tacky! They should have never started doing things like that!

Someone who finally has some sense. Thanks, AmyBeth.

for a lot of women those piercings increase pleasurable sensations. that's hardly stupid or tacky, nor does it mean those women have no sense.

LuxLisbon_fml 0

If it's not on your body, why's it bothering you? Especially nipple and genital piercings, which you can't even tell that people have when they're fully clothed. It's a bit late to be saying 'they should have never started doing things like that' - body piercings aren't some modern fad; they've been around in various cultures for centuries.

I don't think it's the piercings that bothered her but rather the idea that it's TMI for your first meeting with your mother.

OP's name is "disgusted" so I think that option is ruled out

If those are the sort of crazy liberal shenanigans that set you off your rocker, then shouldn't you be glad that she didn't raise you? And if this is about TMI, then this is even lamer than I originally thought. How long can a TMI really bother you? Someone says something mildly inappropriate and then you move on! Where is the "who cares/not an fml" button?