They grow up so fast…

By Anonymous - 09/04/2013 20:42 - United States - Lombard

Today, I found out that my daughter has been stuffing my push-up bras and lipstick into her backpack, putting them on at school, and taking them off before she gets home. She's 9. The only reason I found out is because her teacher reported me to social services. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 613
You deserved it 5 419

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is a very sad commentary on the ways little girls feel pressured to grow up too fast. OP, this isn't a matter for Social Services, I'm sorry you went through that- but you need to help her understand she'll be a grown up for a long time and only a kid once....Good Luck!!

What is wrong with a 3rd grade teacher who goes to social services before requesting a conference with the parent...

Comments

And i thought my generation was ****** up

thats funny. but why does a 9 year old think she needs a push up bra?

Any girl who's 9 or older should at least have sports bras or underwire bras (or both) and from the looks of it, this girl didn't. That's the mother being in the wrong, but I don't see how the child could even know the difference between a push-up bra and a normal one. You're all making a big deal out of the wrong detail.

This must've led to an awkward conversation

patacus 14

sounds like this has been going on for a while. maybe you should be a bit more involved in your daughters life? maybe talk to her teachers every one in a while, look at her back pack one in a while, or even just talk to her about what happens at school.

Man sad but true. I guess the few thumbs down are bcuz ppl hate rational honesty. :/

What ever happened to the times when little kids just wanted to have fun and play in the dirt, now they just want to grow upnand be popular.

9 isn't little, and by that age her mother should have bought her her own bras. I don't see any valid reason the mother has not to have. 9 is the right age to start wearing a bra, even if it's only a training bra (I wore underwire at that age, mind you), and as an 8-10 year old, I wore deep pink lipstick quite frequently, to school or wherever I was going.

kentuckyguy 4

I know somebody who's off to military school...in Alaska...

You should check her backpack every morning! What if she takes a nail file or something? She'll be arrested, it happens at 9!

She's growing up too fast ): I wish I was 9, carefree. Those were the days

Growing up too fast? When I was 9 I wore bras and wore lipstick... I genuinely don't see a problem with it....