I'll make my own way

By Anonymous - 02/03/2022 05:00 - United Kingdom - Preston

Today, my daughter is too crafty for her own good: she found out I was planning on driving her to her first date to meet a boy, so she let the air out of my car tyres, removed my bike chain, and even stole my bus pass. I taught her well. Well played daughter, well played. FML
I agree, your life sucks 363
You deserved it 1 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd say she's perfectly as crafty as she needs to be for her own good, especially if that means keeping your invasive ass out of her private affairs and love life.

Why would you take her to a date if she didn’t ask you?

Comments

One tire, I'll understand. All four, pointless. Also, the bike chain? Was it a bicycle built for two? Bus pass was a nice touch though.

You can just seat the passenger on the luggage rack of a bike. You can see it everywhere in the Netherlands. Daughter was in all likelihood correct to assume OP would demand to do that to take her to her date.

I'd say she's perfectly as crafty as she needs to be for her own good, especially if that means keeping your invasive ass out of her private affairs and love life.

and this non parenting parenting style is the exact reason we have so many entitled little douchebags running around. you don't get private affairs till you can work and pay your own way. sorry not sorry

Why would you take her to a date if she didn’t ask you?

ayaaya 16

I swear, it’s always these dads who don’t know how to mind their own business 🙄 leave your daughter and her private life alone ..

a. if you're that protective, have the boy pick her up to me you. b. for all those things she did, she should be grounded.. c. is she such a bad kid that you can't give her some space?

bmepm3 7

Response to this depends entirely on the age of the daughter. Under a certain age and it’s certainly reasonable to meet the people (boy/girl/purple) that your children are hanging out with. Over that age a polite request to meet them and then back off. At some point kids have to grow up but it is our job as parents to help them.

the rule in our house was that for any 1st date, the boy would start with dinner with us. then they can go off to a movie or putt putt or whatever. and to cut off one line of thinking, I never threatened the boys with shooting them in fact I promised I would never do something so quick and painless.

on the other hand, she's definitely able to handle herself with those kind of skills

why the **** are you forcing your daughter to go on dates? YDI and i hope the daughter is lesbian