The truth will out

By Anonymous - 29/03/2021 02:00

Today, I accidentally overheard my thesis supervisor mutter, "fucking idiot" coming out of a Zoom meeting with him. It was only me and him in the Zoom meeting, and he said it 4 seconds after saying goodbye. I just quit Zoom without saying anything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 213
You deserved it 150

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jon Tessler 14

you should have said "I heard that, and I will be reporting you to your higher ups"

If you're struggling to deal with the subject matter, or you ask a lot of the same questions repeatedly, maybe it's not for you. Or maybe he's just a dick.

Comments

If you're struggling to deal with the subject matter, or you ask a lot of the same questions repeatedly, maybe it's not for you. Or maybe he's just a dick.

Guillaume Deschênes 7

Even if the subject is not for OP there's a plethora of better phrasing options available that are less demeaning that what the teacher used. Even if he was planning on saying it after closing the call the fact remains that he did not. I'd say the true idiot is the one who talks shit behind someone's back without making sure the person is not on a ******* call with him.

Obviously OPs thesis supervisor could have been nicer, and direct, with what they said, but he may have said it intentionally in frustration. Without a follow-up, it's hard to determine if it was accidental, or on purpose.

Jon Tessler 14

you should have said "I heard that, and I will be reporting you to your higher ups"

Redgy22 26

Are Zoom meetings recorded like online classes are?