The thanks you get

By ashy.kinz - 01/11/2021 20:00

Today, while cat-sitting at a very nice house, I noticed an outlet had started smoking. I called 911 and got it taken care of, but the homeowners want me to pay for the electrician, since it happened while I was there. They only paid me $40 for the weekend and the electrician wants $350. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 845
You deserved it 93

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not responsible for that they should have homeowners insurance sounds like they're just trying to dick you over.

Uh, no. You should demand a reward for preventing their ******* house from burning down!

Comments

you're not responsible for that they should have homeowners insurance sounds like they're just trying to dick you over.

Uh, no. You should demand a reward for preventing their ******* house from burning down!

rudico67 8

Insane, entitled rich people! In reality, they are fortunate you were there or they might not have had a house to come back to! Nice work, OP! They should definitely pay for the electrician, and give you a bonus!

Under no circumstances should you pay that fee. The homeowners are responsible for what happened, not you. They should be thanking you for saving their house and cats. Also, spread the word that nobody should ever cat sit for them in a house with faulty wiring and for paying you so little.

That's ridiculous !!! You shouldn't have to pay that and if they try to make you, take them to court.

their house, their problem, you don't owe them anything except a middle finger.

Dirtysalamander1 13

hell nah. that's petty of them. you saved their house from being damaged!

blargerpanda 13

nah **** them don't pay that.

40 a weekend is worse than one day of any retail (depending on hours) but the fee they gave was just the cherry on top of a unstable babysitting job.