The proposal

By Still No Ring - 15/06/2016 21:49 - United States - Lisbon

Today, I was at my boyfriend's house with his family. A kitten walked over to me with an engagement ring tied to its collar, along with a note that said "Marry Me?" I got super excited, only to find out that it was for his brother's girlfriend of 10 months, not me. We've been together 4 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 425
You deserved it 1 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The brother should have been paying more attention to where that kitten was going.

Comments

Newsflash: If he hasn't asked in 4yrs, he's not going to!

kingdomgirl94 29

My fiancé didn't propose until we'd been together for 5 years because even when he did propose, we were both 21, which is still pretty young! Although we do plan on being engaged for a while, there are many valid reasons to not get engaged within 4 years.

Oh my god. No matter how long you've been together, he doesn't have to propose. Stop expecting so much, and throwing a hissy fit when when he doesn't deliver.

She didn't throw a hissy fit. She thought a different proposal taking place in the same room was for her. It was poor planning on the brother's part.

If he doesn't want to get married that needs to be known. Or if he prefers op propose. Both kinda involve her.

Looks like you chose the wrong brother. Seriously, though. If you want to take the next step so bad, why don't you be the one to propose? It's 2016.

How rude... I'd marry the kitten if it asked me to!

then he would sulk and complain about how he lost his "manhood"

I've been with my boyfriend 10 years and my brother just proposed to his girlfriend of 3 months. It happens.

And that's why you never use animals for proposals

Or if you do, make sure you're the only people there, even then it might get distracted and not get to your partner.