The buck stops here

By Anonymous - 07/01/2024 23:00

Today, my boss showed me how he wants his office redecorating. We have employees on minimum wage and yet he wants a private bathroom, large screen TV, sofa and PlayStation, and a decorative suit of armour, all in an office that’s already bigger than my one bedroom flat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 544
You deserved it 92

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Workers aren’t making minimum wage because that’s all the company can afford. They’re making it because that’s all the company is willing to pay.

If the company can afford this Luxury garbage I can definitely afford to pay employees enough to live and not struggle

Comments

Workers aren’t making minimum wage because that’s all the company can afford. They’re making it because that’s all the company is willing to pay.

Every big company got some workers on minimum wage. That means all higher management should not enjoy their status? It's not like they are going to get a raise if he gives up his office.

Higher management should still take care of its employees before decorating their office like their personal man-cave. Or if they insist on the man-cave, they can work from home.

If the company can afford this Luxury garbage I can definitely afford to pay employees enough to live and not struggle

If you work harder, next year the boss can get a new luxury car as well.

I hope boss gets all that and some day his boss comes by to see where the budget went. Then I suspect the problem will be taken care of... Unless boss is the owner, everyone reports to someone - and at the very top they report to a board of directors... The most stupid and self defeating part of that list is the PlayStation as that has no business use at all. I hope boss gets that first and gets distracted until his boss comes in.

he needs a reality check and taught a lesson like Ebenezer Scrooge. walk in someone else's shoes for a while. unfortunately that will probably never happen.