Thanks, I'm cured!

By fuauntflo - 07/07/2020 17:01

Today, I went to the ER because of an intensely heavy flow. They kept me waiting so long that, although I was wearing a super absorbent tampon and a pad, I still bled through three times. When I was finally seen, the doctor said, "Try using a higher absorbency and follow up with your regular physician." FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 117
You deserved it 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I really hope you got this checked out afterwards, OP. Years back, my mom used to have this extremely heavy flow that she ended up anemic and went through her pads in matter of minutes, and the doctors still didn't think there was anything wrong with her - right until they finally found out that she has a myoma the size of an orange on her uterus. Please, do not underestimate issues like that, and do not allow them to brush your worries away.

Same thing happened to my wife. She ended up needed a hysterectomy and her OBGYN filed a complaint against the ER doc.

Comments

GoogieWithers 22

Please see a gynaecologist about this. Many doctors dismiss problems as being 'natural' and claim that the patient is overreacting. If it was that bad, you felt you had to attend the ER, please ask for an appointment with your doctor or gynaecologist. Good Luck OP, hope it is sorted out soon.

It is if your uterus is hemorrhaging, which with that much blood it could’ve been. It can lead to anemia which can cause fainting and other health issues. Especially if it happened during the times doctors offices are closed.

That doctor needs to be sued for malpractice. Not to frighten you, but that definitely sounds like a very serious problem that may need surgical attention. I've heard of things like this being caused by a cyst or tumor on the uterus or ovaries. I would most definitely consult someone else.