Thanks, I hate it

By Anonymous - 18/01/2014 18:16 - United States

Today, after three weeks of fighting with my husband, I found out that he really didn't create an account on a website for cheaters and charge the bill to his credit card. Our daughter did it as a prank, and only confessed because our fighting was stressing her out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 997
You deserved it 6 581

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Weird_situations 13

Ground her butt until the apocalypse!!! That's a mean prank and she let it go way too far

euphoricness 28

You should beat her ass, why would she do a prank that could potentially ruin a relationship with marriage?

Comments

If this happened to me, this is how I would handle it. 1. Take away all electronics. Smartphone, computer, tablet, ect. However I would get a very basic phone for her. One with a certain number od mins, and no texting. 2. No extracurcular activities after school. Striaght there straight home, and if she needed to stay after call a teacher to confirm that its true. 3. No school related events. This includes prom, and homecoming. 4. Make here both pay her way around the house, and have her pay back the equivilent of the credit card cost.

skyeyez9 24

What a bitch. That could have ended in a separation or divorce. You need to seriously discipline the manipulative brat. She did it just to see you guys fight, while she sits back and admires her handiwork.

skyeyez9 24

Take the "prank" even further. Tell your brat that this prank made you and the hubby realize you both really want a divorce, and she will have to go into foster care or group home.

What the hell is wrong with her? She should be grounded for the rest of her life.

aznpeaks 7

Even if it was a prank, the fact that she eventually confessed just because SHE was stressed deserves a good beating!

When she gets a boyfriend, and make sure it's one she likes, do something extremely similar. But I would get the boyfriend in on it, just to be safe.

thatonetoby 8

I agree that she should be grounded, but some of y'alls ways of punishment is over the top. kids will be kids and there should be a limit as to the kind of punishment they get.

Deliberately making one parent believe that the other is cheating doesn't exactly fall under the category of "kids will be kids."

Vegeto30294 19

And how limited would this punishment be for almost ruining a marriage?

Assuming her confession is genuine and she's not just taking the fall to end the fight, holy shit. Either you ****** up royally in parenting or you have a sociopath for a daughter and need to get that addressed ASAP. The two aren't mutually exclusive, either.