Technically correct

By Anonymous - 11/07/2023 15:00

Today, my son is a vegan who keeps talking about how Just Stop Oil are technically the good guys. My wife won’t stop crying because she thinks we’ve failed as parents by raising an arsehole. I've had a migraine ever since this argument. FML
I agree, your life sucks 674
You deserved it 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

…at least he’s idolizing a nonviolent group for now and not PETA?

What do you mean "technically?" They are actually the good guys. The hottest days in history didn't just happen randomly -- and the bad guys are profiting handsomely from creating this disaster.

Comments

…at least he’s idolizing a nonviolent group for now and not PETA?

It doesn't sound to me like he was raised for the beliefs he is espousing based on the statements about arguments and how you parents are taking it. So ask, is he doing this to get on someone's good side? He trying to drill for oil in some girls nature preserve? In any case the need here was for reasonable discussion with point/counterpoint (on BOTH sides). Yelling at each other only drives a stake between the family.

What do you mean "technically?" They are actually the good guys. The hottest days in history didn't just happen randomly -- and the bad guys are profiting handsomely from creating this disaster.

cpguru24 15

"Recorded history" just to clarify. Not in all of history.

yeah well you can't prove there were any hotter days any more than we can prove there weren't so there's no point whatsoever mentioning that.

Scientists are saying it's the hottest summer in 125,000 years. Humans have been around for 200,000 years, as a comparison. So it's considerably more than recorded history.

Don't worry; every child goes against his parents at some point. Either he will go back to you, or you will go vegan.

Congratulations! Somehow, you've raised a son who can think for himself and cares about the future of humankind. Emphasis on the "somehow".

This will be the hottest summer of your life, and also the coolest summer of the rest of your life. So why not take some advice from your son? Sounds like he knows the way.