Take them back to the shop

By When it rains it pours - 12/06/2022 18:00

Today, after a night of back pain, fatigue, and wrestling with my crying, screaming son, who couldn’t sleep, I woke up to find my laptop wouldn’t power on because my daughter spilled ice cream on it. I need my laptop for my new job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 005
You deserved it 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

this is what I think of when people tell me children are a gift, a joy, bill will never tell you the physical or mental abusive toll they'll cost.

Your daughter sabotaged your new work computer because you were giving attention to her brother and not her? Your problems are just beginning.

Comments

Your daughter sabotaged your new work computer because you were giving attention to her brother and not her? Your problems are just beginning.

this is what I think of when people tell me children are a gift, a joy, bill will never tell you the physical or mental abusive toll they'll cost.

tiptoppc 19

But their tiny hands can retrieve objects from….places… isn’t that worth it?

You need to keep everything you value secured and out of reach from your children, otherwise there are no guarantees said valuables will be intact later. I sympathize but YDI. Hopefully the laptop is under warranty.

Turns out it was under warranty, and my new one hides on top of the curio cabinet where the kids and dogs can’t reach them.

tiptoppc 19

Obviously you never had cats. Mine broke a $800 iMac display, broke a macbook air display, broke a tv, crashed a portable hard drive, shredded my blackout curtains, caused a flood in my kitchen, a fire on my porch, caused many a puke spots on my new carpet…. Kids aren’t the only things that can ruin your stuff or day!