Supportive

By Anonymous - 14/10/2023 04:30 - United States - Stanford

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend of 8 months was having a really bad day at work. Thinking I would cheer him up a bit, I send him a picture of myself while I was changing. His response? He dumped me. He said it was unprofessional and immature of me to do that. He works in the middle of nowhere, by himself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 566
You deserved it 147

Same thing different taste

Top comments

An example of trash taking care of itself.

unprofessional? he didn't need to check his texts during work. immature? literally kinda the opposite of that! what's his problem??

Comments

Just because he doesn't have a traditional work environment where he's in a shared office doesn't mean he doesn't have, you know, an actual job to do that it would suck to get distracted from, especially when your day is already bad. I can see why he would be frustrated, though I'm not sure I would find it immediately breakup-worthy myself.

Sounds like a pretty boring pic. Even so, it sounds like he checked out of the relationship a while ago and this just gave him an excuse to move on. For the future, you need a coach to critique your nudes to get the reaction you want. My rates are reasonable.

An example of trash taking care of itself.

unprofessional? he didn't need to check his texts during work. immature? literally kinda the opposite of that! what's his problem??

I guess he was in a very bad mood at the time, plus already wanted to break up anyway. Not really a lot of possibilities except from that.

Be aware that there is no expectation of privacy at work. Emails and other communications through company devices and networks are monitored for inappropriate content. If the phone was company issued, texts go through the company account and are potentially monitored. That’s the real reason why I personally refused a “free” company phone and used my own… And even if unmonitored, should a risqué picture show up on BF’s phone if he’s in a meeting and checking his messages it would look unprofessional… OP, I agree that BF overreacted in breaking up over this - If this is the true reason (as opposed to wife or other GF seeing it). But it’s something to bear in mind in the future.

dirtykirt 3

You dodged a bullet, who would want to be saddled with someone who doesn’t know fun when it’s right in his face. Rock on lady!

dirtykirt 3

You are lucky, you deserve someone more fun than he sounds.

Are you sure you're not the side chick and he freaked out when he received a message with a picture because he was around his other girlfriend or wife?

goodsoup 3

that sucks and I’m sorry. but consent is important