Stuck

By Anonymous - 10/12/2009 11:47 - United Kingdom

Today, I found myself locked out of my house. I had to squeeze myself through a tiny window around the back. While hanging upside down, my hood fell over my head. My dog ran through to investigate the noise and ravaged me thinking I was a burglar. I then fell and broke my wrist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 348
You deserved it 5 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you should hide a spare key outside your house. on the bright side, if anyone breaks into your house, you know they won't have a good time doing it...

Your dog doesn't need to see your face to know it's you.

Comments

nonynony 0

Note the use of WRIST, singular. Most people have another hand that can take over. Slow? Yes. Possible? Most definitely. Would you seriously stop working for 4-8 weeks if you broke your wrist, because you couldn't figure out how to do things one-handed?

mjj1958 0

one night i was locked in my bathroom (old house, old lock!) i yelled to my family, they didn't hear me. i got claustraphobic, (can't spell either) so I shimmied out a tiny window up high, got out, forgot that the drop was a big drop, fell, and sprained my ankle severely. i was in so much pain. 4 months later, i was walking out my back steps, carrying a movie camera, filming my daughter in the patio, i forgot about that last step, fell over, sprained my ankle again, severely! lol!

FAKE Dogs have a strong sense of smell and would have recognized you. He'd have barked and growled from afar, but once he'd be close enough to sniff his owner, there would be no biting.

As a matter of fact, I have 2 broken wrists. As you can see, I can type perfectly. Someone with broken wrists can do everything you can do, other than rotate the wrists. Pfft, who needs wrists anyway. I can work, write, wipe my ass, **********...

Bull. A dog wouldnt mistake you cause you had your ******* hood down.

St0rm11 0

Many people here have never owned a dog, and shouldn't untill they gain more knowlege. Yes dogs reconize by smell. But on instinct of somebody breaking in, they won't stop to smell. Adrenaline (However it spelled) and other high emotions, take over your sense of smell. (In humans too) So by the dog hearing the noise (excitement) see'ing a figure (excitement), and instinct of protecting his home (excitement) He would not, be able to indentify by smell. And he probly did say something to the dog. but a dog can gra a hood and pull you down before you get one word out. And ravage was just a catchier word than 'pulled me down' And yeah, at least you know your house is safe from real offenders.

doglady 16

I think it depends on the dog. My husband put on a halloween mask that covered his entire head and the dogs went totally beserk. You *would* think the dogs could tell it was still him if they have such a great sense of smell, but apparently mine either judge more by sight than by scent (and wtf...two of them are half coonhound!), have poor senses of smell, or just aren't very bright!

leadrunner751 3

Does your dog have no sense of smell or is he just stupid?