Soon

By Kilania - 10/09/2019 04:00

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend was talking about video games. Bored of the subject, I started kissing his neck and chest in hopes of him to stop talking and getting some action. He did stop, only for him to say about a minute later, "You're lucky my games can't do this." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 992
You deserved it 819

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should you be dating someone who you can't talk to? You don't need to share all of his interests (and he doesn't need to share all of yours) but it seems that you should be able to communicate when you're getting bored in a more helpful way. Something like 'Hey, can we talk about something else?' or 'I'd rather have sex than talk about video games. Sound good to you?'

Is this really an FML? It sounds like you got his attention, obviously his attraction to you won out. I’d call it a “win”

Comments

Should you be dating someone who you can't talk to? You don't need to share all of his interests (and he doesn't need to share all of yours) but it seems that you should be able to communicate when you're getting bored in a more helpful way. Something like 'Hey, can we talk about something else?' or 'I'd rather have sex than talk about video games. Sound good to you?'

Not only that, when I'm talking about something I love, I just want my SO to listen and not interrupt. It makes me feel like my interests are not worth his time and in turn makes me not want to talk much about my passion anymore. All it takes is a few times to be crushed by it. Say, "Can we talk more about it later? I'd like to squeeze this in if that's okay!" So you aren't imposing on his want to talk and it gives him the option to accept or reject!

Is this really an FML? It sounds like you got his attention, obviously his attraction to you won out. I’d call it a “win”

YallDeservedItJk 22

Not really it was like he was saying his only interest in her was that she fulfilled his sexual needs and he’d put the games first if she didn’t do that

I didn't get that vibe at all, making it seem like that's all shes good for? It was more like he was interrupted and he's just stating an observation. We don't have to jump on the toxic train every time here.

Lora Wood 11

They listen with their crazy. Not their brain.

Sorry you brought it on yourself. A boy plays video games, a man moves on. Ditch the loser and find a responsible man that has his life together. when he retorted "You are lucky the video game cant do this," that's when you need to tell him he's lucky you aren't looking for someone else...yet.

Tick 16

Oh no, that was me being tame. You want the full story? Truth is I have antisocial personality disorder. On a good day, I'm normal, on a bad day, I truly hate everyone. Yes, I'm single and friendless, it's my normal. I have never known anything else.

That’s like saying adults don’t read or do art or knit or have any hobby of any kind. It’s ok to be a man and play video games, as long as it’s either your profession or your hobby. Boys play video games for fun while doing nothing to make a living. Men know how to manage their time to include their hobby of video games in with their normal lives.

julfunky 29

Yes, women LOVE a man who takes himself too seriously.

WeirdUS 29

Agreed, but it sounds more like there isn't much of a balance between gaming and the relationship. I kinda doubt this was the first time it came up.

Plenty of successful men still play video games. Several of the guys in my online gaming group are Managers, Supervisors, CEO's, and business owners as well as having families. Video games are well known for reducing stress and improving mental health. Unless you are addicted or spend way to much time doing it there is almost no downside to it. Id hate to be with someone who doesn't allow me to enjoy my hobbies every now and then.

julfunky 29

You know what I do when someone I care about starts talking about something they’re passionate about? Shut the **** up and listen.

is his name Ed by any chance? Definitely sounds like my ex!